Noob - slight improvements - thank you - need more improvement - open to tips/advise

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 350z>s2000, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 350z>s2000

350z>s2000 OT Supporter

I've spent time reading the stickies, archive and some active threads...
    Jan 01 2005 I weighed in at 225. Today, I weigh 203. I'm 5 10
    This has mostly been due to substantial changes in diet

breakfast is bran cereal with 2% milk
    lunch chicken and ceaser salad - a real good amount of chicken
    dinner - always before 7 pm usually 2 chicken fajitas

i have also been getting up 3 days a week and jogging and walking.

however i need some help

1. I want to get on the 5 meal a day thing - break it up to smaller meals
    2. I am still carrying around a lot of weight in my belly/chest...whats the most effective way to get that off...I am still aerobically challenged...I jog, then walk then jog then walk, slowly building up endurance
    3. I got my weight equipment out today, is there anything in particular i should work on

my ultimate goal is around 180 with really low body fat...

i have made improvements - small i know but its huge for me
    and i want to keep improving, be the next jonno...and I need help

thanks for all the advise, i'll do some more searches on good meals to eat during the way, continued lower calories and increased activities...i am seriously considering getting a 24 or ballys membership.

2. KenKaniff

KenKaniff Guest

first, switch to 1% milk or skim milk.
    second, how much protein are you eating? carbs? fats? calories?
    Use fitday.com to count your calories so that you know EXACTLY how much food you are eating. Find out your maintenace level of calories and then cut 500 cals off that. Couple that with superbri's cardio suggestion and weight training, you'll reach your goal sooner than later.

3. 350z>s2000

350z>s2000 OT Supporter

Total: 1714
    source grams cals %total
    Fat: 92 824 49%

Carbs: 121 427 25%
    Fiber: 14 0 0%
    Protein: 107 426 25%
    I'm guessing something close to that

i put down 2 servings of salad because its a big salad and it has ceaser dressing on it

i need to find a good lunch alternative, subway maybe

Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  4. pctony

pctony Alyson > *

stop using caeser dressing and switch to a low fat vinagerette~ 92 fat grams is a fucking lot.

5. 350z>s2000

350z>s2000 OT Supporter

its premixed, i'm not making it...subway will be the easiest thing for me at this point

6. KenKaniff

KenKaniff Guest

Good you took the advice given to you. Now you weigh 205 now right?
    Maintenace cals for you would be about 2870 cals on the low end, 3280 on the high-end. Those numbers depend if you are a mesomorph, endomorph, or ectomorph. If you've always been fat, then your maintenace cals should probably be around the lower number.
    Now subtract 500 cals from that number. That is the number of calories you should be shooting for, if you wish to lose fat and retain as much muscle as possible. However if you want to just lose fat and don't really care about muscle retention at this point, cut your cals to about 1800 per day. Up your protein intake to about 200 grams per day and cut your fat intake to about 50-60 grams. Carbs can stay the same. Give that a shot and do your cardio. Let us know how it works.

7. KenKaniff

KenKaniff Guest

oh and by the way, stop being lazy and start preparing your meals at home. That's the only way that you're gonna know EXACTLY what you are putting into your body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.