noob..diet question

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by chapin, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chapin

chapin New Member

Hey guys....I've been lurking for about two months now here in OT... but now have a question that I can't find and wanted to know....

I've been bulking for 7 weeks.... I have gained 6 pounds...I plan on keeping this bulking "diet" for the rest of the year. The question is.... is it a good plan to interval a bulking diet and a cutting diet?? maybe 1 month bulking followed by two weeks cutting?? or I am better off bulking for a long period of time and then cutting??

thanks for the help.

2. crucialkc

crucialkc the earth is flat

bulk for an extended period of time and then cut. if you bulk - cut - bulk - cut in a relatively short period of time (several bulks and cuts within one year) you are wasting your time/effort

3. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

people usually bulk during after summer then cut so that they can have abs for the beach

this is also a good article about this subject

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956

4. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

I agree with the t-nation article on bulking and cutting. Personally I have done the bulk-cut cycles before and it was a pain. Now I take the approach that I will try to gain 1/2 lb a week if even that. At the end of the year best case I will be 26 lbs heavier but probably more along the lines of 10-15 or so but my waist will be the same size and my bodyfat will not be higher than I like it to be. This beats having to overshoot my weight up and then cut back to where I want to be at.

To me bulking is just an excuse to eat like crap without feeling guilty about becoming a fat slob.

5. chapin

chapin New Member

thanks for the help!!.... that article was a great read!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.