Noob chiming in: cardio questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Sloi, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

How long does it take to increase cardiovascular performance ?

If you're doing 10 minutes of high intensity stair climbing daily, can you expect health benefits ?

What about decreases in blood pressure ?

Finally, any recommendations ?

:x:

2. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

cardio is beneficial when you are considering your health no matter how long you're doing it.

why not 11 minutes?

3. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

i would say it depends on how often you train and how you train your cardio.

What helped me get faster and run longer was running five times per week. I would jog as far as I could, and then do HIIT for the same amount of time. I had doubled my distance by the end of summer.

As has been stated cardio is always beneficial, but maybe start at 10 minutes and each day you train try to add fifteen or twenty seconds.
    Or each week add a minute... something like that.

4. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

That sounds like a reasonable way to progress. Does anyone have information about the quantity of cardiovascular exercise necessary to decrease blood pressure to normal levels, for someone with medium pressure ? I'm not looking for an easy way out, just interested in how long it might take to get that particular benefit from training ;-)

5. themadpaki

themadpaki There is no money. OT Supporter

if you really want to make your heart stronger do some 60-120's. go 100% for 60 seconds and jog/walk for 120 seconds. This helps your heart adjust faster.

I recommend trying to add a certain set distance each week until you reach a goal you are happy with. Once the distance goal is reached, you should try and keep that distance but lower the time it takes to get there.

I don't want to tell you how fast you can see changes, because I think it depends on what shape you are in currently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.