MIL Nonrec question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AltimaNX, Nov 1, 2007.

1. AltimaNX

AltimaNX New Member

I was pulled into the 1st Sgt.'s office yesterday and had to sign a nonrec due to poor physical fitness. I am on a limited duty board stating " no use of upper extremities(ie. arms), no running, and no lifting over 5 pounds."

Backstory is I'm a Marine Reservist who was shot 3 times in Iraq and had my left thumb and part of my left hand amputated(7.62 to the hand). I am left hand dominant. My left arm is paralyzed(7.62 to the neck) and often dislocates when not supported by a sling(7.62 to the shoulder/exit in the back shoulder). I have zero left trapezius muscles and missing much of my deltoid muscles. I am on medhold on active duty until I finish my surgeries and receive my prosthetic. All I do for pt is ride stationary bike for 40 minutes and walk a 4 mile loop. I do this mon-fri. I have gained weight since my injury and have gone from 180 to 215 in the last 11 months. My max weight is 187.

Being on limited duty status in my situation, does the 1st Sgt have grounds to nonrec me(I was supposed to pick up Corporal today)?

Sidenote: The 1st Sgt nonrec'ed every Lance Corporal(all 3 of us) on medhold. There has been a grudge between the 1st Sgt and the reservists on medhold from Iraq. Also most of the I&I staff hate him too. Is he just being a douchebag because nobody likes him? My old Sgt. Maj. already chewed the 1st Sgt's ass for being a douchebag to me. I told my platoon commander from Iraq( CWO3) and he is ready to chew some ass later this week. Several staff sergeants and a gunny have also spoken up to the 1st Sgt about how they think these nonrec's are all a bunch of bullshit.

2. Vagitarian

Vagitarian New Member

That is fucking bullshit if I have ever heard it.

No way should he nonn rec you due to your condition.
    You got shot in Iraq and are still getting operations.
    You are on limited duty and could not run a PFT anyways.

I would refuse to sign the non-rec and then request mass to the CO of your battalion.

Or talk to your wounded warrior case officer.

That pissed me off just hearing about something like that.

3. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

Is your 1st SGT from CALI?
    j/k

Sorry to hear about your condition and just like vagitiarian said, your 1st sgt is a retard.

4. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

I would probably request mast or something of the sort, that is rediculous