Nokia 6230 - Top right button sticking...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Miller2000, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Miller2000

Miller2000 New Member

Ok, so I love this phone to death, short of not being a flip phone its by far one of the best phones out STILL. Although the top right navigation button (the button furthest to the top and furthest to the right) has had its days of working and not working it currently doesnt work at all. I've even had to change my shortcut function on that button and move my calculator shortcut over to the GOTO menu (nokia users will understand what I'm talking about). Any quick fixes or advice on what to do before I call up Nokia? I've owned this phone just over a year and have tried everything short of operating on the phone at this point including cleaning the hell out of the shell of the phone. Thanks in advance.

2. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

quit spilling shit in it :mamoru:

Nokia has very few problems, but keypads are one of them.
    Pull it apart and check for dust/dirt/dried up liquid and clean it up a bit.

3. Miller2000

Miller2000 New Member

No dirt and dust but managed to tighten the screws that hold the keypad on and that seems to be a temporary fix. NEXT QUESTION.....when is Nokia gonna come out with a GOOD FLIP PHONE? ;)

4. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

Maybe sooner than later. They lost their lead designer. He still works for the vertu name for nokia (high end expesnsive ass phones) but will not design for the regular nokia brand anymore. I see more flips coming from them in the near future. Have a new slide on the way too. :dunno: