Noise Cancelling Headphones

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by titleist123, Aug 12, 2003.

1. titleist123

titleist123 Guest

I was wondering what everyone's expereince and opinions were on noise canceling headphones. My manager has the Bose ones. They are pretty decent for what they are suppose to do. I only hear a little feedback, but I think its because her laptop was causing it - not the headphones themselves. I stood next to an AC unit which is normally quite loud, and I could not hear it at all.

I know Sony makes some, but I have never tried them. Has anyone tried Sony or any other brands? Are there some new models coming that I should wait for?

I fly a lot, so I'm longing to get some. Thanks in advance.

2. duff

duff what's the score here?

The sony model is just as good, if not better than the bose for a better price. In addition to vibrating to reproduce the music, they also vibrate to cancel out ambient noise, so the sound of whatever you are listening to will be colored by the noise cancelling electonics.

Therefore I'd recommend these:
    http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26&productID=0020100000

Pricey but probably worth it. In a pinch for the money, go for these:

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26&productID=0020100100

I haven't listened to either one of these, but based on my experience with headphones and earplugs, I'd assume they would be great for what you want.

3. NevaTrustWhitey

NevaTrustWhitey New Member

ive got the sony ones... $60, bump real hard.. i love em

4. NevaTrustWhitey

NevaTrustWhitey New Member

(they are ear buds)

5. CyberLeader

CyberLeader Superior Cybernetic Race

I have the etymotic er-4p, which is the lower impedance version of the 4s linked above. Its a bit more friendly to running straight off your source without an amp.

The sound is brilliant. One of the most accurate headphones available. And the noise isolation is great, much better than any active noise cancellation. They are well worth the money.

6. switchstance

switchstance Guest

If you are looking for noise-cancelling headphones with good range, you need these:

Pioneer SE-DJ5000

They are comfortable, stylish, and rugged. I'm a DJ, so this kinda stuff is important to me because I am always taking them on the road with me. I have had them a year and they are the best headphones I have used to date and most importantly they have stayed in one piece!.

yyyep. [​IMG]