GUN Noise cancellation ear plugs are the shit!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PC Principle, Jul 5, 2006.

1. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Just got done putting a few hundred rounds through my handgun with my new noise cancellation earplugs I got for my B-day from my GF. Not only do they protect my ears from the report but they also enhance my overall hearing. :eek:

I strongly suggest them. :coold:

2. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

Link?

It kinda gets annoying to go "huh?" when people talk to you. But I guess if only works best when both parties uses them :o

3. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

I dont know where she got them but they are made by SSI and the model number is ha-04s

4. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

5. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I find that even those green foam ear plugs work pretty good. Any inner ear thing to use when I am firing a large caliber rilfe or a shotgun.

6. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

7. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Just remember that even the highest end electronic ears has a NRR rating considerably lower than most, and especially the best, plugs and muffs. I'd use them for training or sport, but if you shoot much and use them all the time I'd be worried about hearing damage.

8. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

How? My ears arnt even ringing

9. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

10. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

If you do excessive shooting, especially indoors, it's recommended to double bag it, but for classes, electronic hearing is very important.

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Educate yourself on hearing loss. Its slow and cumulative, you don't necessarily have to have ringing ears to have hearing loss.

here's a little thing I wrote up a while back, you can tally it up and with a little math see if you're likely to get hearing damage http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=200083

Lets say you're at the range shooting a 9mm which is nearly 160db, your plugs are rated 17db nrr. You're getting exposed to 143db of sound. OSHA guidelines say that at 140db you can be exposed to 100 impulses a day before running the risk of hearing damage. 143db will be fewer than that. Thats not a lot of shots to fire between you and the others on the range before you might harm yourself.

Just don't want anyone to wind up being the deaf old guy, alot of people don't seem to think much of it since you don't get the same feedback you do as if you just slammed your hand in a door....