MMA Noguiera coach Luiz Alves had a stroke

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by cswfighter, Jan 28, 2010.

1. cswfighter

cswfighter New Member

More details have emerged regarding the car crash Antonio Nogueira’s coach Luiz Alves was involved in yesterday. Alves lost control of his vehicle on Tuesday morning near his Rio de Janeiro home and was taken to hospital, where he remains.

However, initial reports that he was in “critical” condition were somewhat erroneous. It appears that Alves had in fact suffered a stroke while at the wheel of his car and it was this that caused him to lose control and crash. According to Sherdog, the crash happened at a low speed.

Reports are still mixed as to Alves’ current state of consciousness - he was apparently unconscious for much of yesterday - but according to Tatame, he has been awake and speaking with people. His wife and several friends are with him at the hospital.

One of those friends told Tatame, "He suffered a major accident, but his picture is already stable. He even lost consciousness, but has recovered. I'm with him all the time, 24 hours a day.”

Alves’ hospitalisation is a blow for the camp of Rodrigio Nogueira, who faces Cain Velasquez at UFC 110 on February 21st. Alves is the main striking coach for both Nogueira brothers and is also heavily involved in the game planning aspect of camps.

2. cswfighter

cswfighter New Member

I hope he makes it out of this safely and best well soon. This must be a huge blow to the Noguieras training not only for there training but as there head coach and personal friend as well. I wish the best for all of them.