SRS No-Win situation

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Hawkeye, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye i'm a stranger here, just blowed in your town

Ok, I'm a young man. 19 years old. I like this one girl, and she likes me. I have never had a serious relationship before, but I'd like to try it out. We both have our virginity. This thing has been building up over the past month or so.

I decided I wanted to study abroad next semester back in September, because I was bored with America and let's face it, living in Europe and studying is a great adventure.

She was planning on studying abroad two semesters from now, and she's been telling me she wishes I could go to Europe at the same time as her and her roommate (who is one of my best friends).

Some facts about me studying abroad:
    It is costing more than my parents thought it would.
    I really wanted to go, but now I feel sad.
    I signed a lease for an apartment next year and would have to find a sub-leaser for it.
    My parents already bought the plane ticket for me.
    I have not picked any classes for next semester, and I have not declared a major yet.
    Studying abroad would help me begin my major I'm thinking of (either poli-sci or history or both)
    If I were over there I know I'd regret it
    If I stay here and never get to go abroad, I feel I'll regret it.
    My friends are going abroad, not to where I'm going, but we'd visit eachother.
    I never made any serious advancements with this girl because I was actually afraid this would happen.

Basically, my choices are: stay here because of a relationship (always has a possibility of not working out), my parents would also be out about 1000 dollars if the plane ticket can't be refunded or stick to my own plans and probably have a good time, but have a feeling of regret for what could have been.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Not seeing the real issue. Get a job so you have some money. Stop relying on your parents to pay for everything. Find a subleaser right now or as soon as you can for the apartment or talk to someone in charge try and get out of it.

Why the fuck would you regret going? Going abroad is one of the most amazing things you could ever do in your life and there's no way you'd regret it. People would kill to do it.

Girls come and go. If you two didn't work out :dunno: You're 19.

3. Hawkeye

I guess the issue is...I'm torn between my already made plans and what's come up for me.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

So what has come up? A girl?

If she's worth anything you being gone a semester wouldn't stop your relationship (this is if you even started one).

5. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd: Not to mention she wants to study abroad as well.

It'd be one thing if you two had started and been in a relationship for a while to stress what the studying abroad could do...but you two aren't even together! To end your plans in hopes it would win a girl would rip you UP if the relationship failed. Plus, even if you stayed and got together she'd be leaving for her study abroad soon after, so what's the fucking point in not living your own life?

6. Hawkeye

except no >.> if that were so, she'd go out and drink and act slutty. Maybe she'll reach that stage at some point, but as of now she has not.

7. Hawkeye

well, I still could go in the fall, but whatever.

I talked to my mom...as of now i'm 70% sure i'm going to stick with my previously made plans.

8. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Yeah, for Christ's sakes man, go to fucking Europe. You got rocks in your head?

Girls are a dime a dozen, but studying abroad is a once in a lifetime chance.

9. Hawkeye

girls are NOT a dime a dozen for one who is not interested in dumb-ass fake-tanning binge drinking whores at a state university.

10. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

go abroad hawkeye. you may not understand why we're telling you now, but trust me. this is a no-brainer.

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:ugh:

Ok, so quality girls are more like a quarter a dozen. :hsugh:

Actually, I am quite convinced, that in your lifetime (seeing as how you are only 19) you will likely meet upwards of a 100 to 1000 QUALITY girls who would make such a great match for you.

But in your lifetime, you will likely onely have ONE chance to go to Europe to study.

Even with THOSE odds, you STILL sound like you have rocks in your fucking head if you are even THINKING about casting off all your previous plans for some girl you aren't even in a relationship with and have NO FUCKING CLUE what she is like.

12. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

The date of the ticket can be changed, but you should go. At 19 you'll regret planning your life around a girl.

13. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

And furthermore, if *I* were your parents, and you changed your mind at the last minute on *my* dime just for some piece of pussy, I'd probably swerp you up side the head and then let you know that any money that is lost in this decision will be paid by YOU.

14. Hawkeye

eh, we've been friends since the start of the semester and have hung out alone numerous times. >.<
    still thinking i'm gonna go to europe

15. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:rofl:

Like I said, you have no fucking clue who she is. ;)

Good decision. Stop thinking about it, and actually DO it. You shouldn't even BE on the fence about this, this decision is so obvious and clear.

It's not a "No-Win situation" it's a situation full of WIN if you go to Europe, and a situation full of LOSE if you stay home.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

You're in college dude. Once you get out of college you will find worthwhile women to date and marry. Right now you are supposed to be having the time of your life before you are "too old." I know so many people older than me who tell me all the time they are so jealous I went to Europe instead of settling down at 22 and getting married.