No sound from Monitor

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by royals74, Feb 26, 2010.

1. royals74

royals74 Baseball is the only place in life where a sacrifi

Ok I just bought a new Samsung 2494HM monitor and I cant get the speakers to work. I also added a new video card a 9800gt Nvidia with HDMI output. I hooked up the hdmi to the monitor and then hooked up the the 3.5 cable i had to the Input monitor and hooked up other end to the onboard slot of computer. (the same one my headphones where in also the other slots.) I got nothing i reset the computer and nothing. I changed setting from headphones to the digital output device and nothing. I then took the monitor off the computer and hooked it up to cable box and POW sound. So the speakers do work I'm just to stupid to figure how to make them work on my computer. Does anyone have any idea what im doing wrong? confused here and getting frustrated.:eek3:
    Thanks for your help

2. modspace

modspace New Member

I am guessing that the monitor expects audio input through HDMI when HDMI is connected and will ignore the 3.5 input.

Have you gone through the settings on the monitor to find anything that forces it to use the 3.5?

3. royals74

royals74 Baseball is the only place in life where a sacrifi

I finally figured it out the spdif cable needed hooked up to get the hdmi sound to work threw video card and was cancelling out the Audio output/input on monitor so i hooked up DVI and 3.5 cable to monitor and Bam! I got sound.