SRS no self confidence

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Aug 5, 2007.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i have no self confidence with my body image or personality

its killing me especially with women. i get so nervous around women that sometimes i start twitching (luckly they dont notice its very minor)

I also use to be fat and lost alot of weight really quick from working out. I am still convinced i need to loose more weight and that i'm fat even though everyone tells me i'm perfect.

I just hate how i look and how i act. How do i get over this and build confidence?

2. WilCon

WilCon New Member

Best way is to change your self-talk. Obviously you're saying this to yourself and hence why you believe it. Logic reveals the truth... try to think logically, dont let your emotions cloud your thoughts. Im sure if you do this, you'll find out you're a cool guy and you have a lot to offer. Feed that into your self-talk. Perhaps even write it down so you can go back later and look at it.

Once you start building that confidence up, start interacting with females, not to date them, just be their friends. If you have a hard time approaching them (and you have the time) find a volunteer activity with children. I volunteer as a group leader working with special needs children and there is like 5:1 girl to guy clinicians. Its awesome.

Good luck

3. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Okay, I used to be like you. What you need to do is realize that everybody has the same right to do the same stuff and live and enjoy their life.

Just an example, I'm sure you've seen several ugly guys acting silly or all confident, and I'm sure you think they're way happier than you and have more success with women and things like that. It's the typical scene you see from time to time when you go out to drink something at some crowded place. Well, guess what, you can do the same or be even better than those guys.

Two things:

1) People usually try to be happier than everyone else for some reason or another. That's very hard because we always think they're happier than they actually are. You can be happy if you stop worrying about what others think, or if they're leading a better life than you.

2) Stop thinking so low of yourself. When you do that, people notice it. Nobody wants to be with someone who is constantly sad or whinning about stuff, because it makes them feel bad aswell. When you start being realistic and see the GOOD things you have, others are much more likely to see those things aswell, and things will start improving.

Just do something. I could ramble for hours and achieve nothing, because the solution is inside yourself.

4. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

all good points.

thank you.