SRS No Motivation At All/Cynical

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bowrofl, Dec 6, 2005.

1. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Hi all.

I'm 19, and I'm in my first year of college. I've found that since the school year started in September, I've become really cynical and my motivation to do anything has fell through the floor. I just want to sleep all day. I have history of depression and anxiety, depression is mostly gone and so is the anxiety. I smoke pot basically every day, and I'm pretty sure it adds to this problem. I'm just so negative all the time, and paranoid. I really don't know what to do. I'm thinking of trying to cut down with pot and start working out. I heard it's easier to quit when you have something else to do, and working out will also help me work on my extreme lack of confidence in myself.

Can I get some input? Does this plan sound good to anyone else, or should I be doing something else? I'm seeing a psychologist as well, btw, but I'm not sure if it's helping at all, it's only been 2 months :\.

2. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Drop the pot, and get out and get some exercise. Maybe review your diet and see if you cant cut out junk food and start eating healthier. Taking care of yourself is a good place to start.

Another thing is to put your mind to it and just start doing it (it being whatever you desire to do). Some one once posted a phrase here a long time ago "Get busy or get busy dying."

3. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

I had this exact same problem, minus the pot. I quit my job to concentrate on school. It had a negative effect. With nothing to do after school, i found myself caring less and less about anything. I decided to start working out after i did homework, and eating healthier. So far my motiviation, muscle tone, and grades are up! I would highly recommend it.

4. Jake!

Jake! Guest

where do you go to school?

5. redna

redna New Member

That quote is from Morgan Freeman in the Shawshank Redemption. It's actually

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Good quote though..

On the original subject. I agree... get rid of the pot all together. You may consider changing who you are hanging out with if all of your friends are pot heads as well. You are very much a product of your environment so surround yourself with people that you want to be like.

6. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

I go to DMACC right now in Ankeny. Ill be heading to Ames in the fall :bigthumb:

7. Jake!

Jake! Guest

:cool: stay away from ISU tuition for as long as you can!!

8. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

I had the same problem; smoked a couple bowls a day for 2-3 years. Cut back to 2-3 times/week. Also, prozac for the nguyen. :hsughc: