MIL No more wisdom teeth

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ManinCamo, Mar 29, 2006.

1. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

take one LT, subtract 4 wisdom teeth, add percocet, tylonol, and ibuprofin. :sadwavey:

7:30 was my appointment. by 10:30 they were out and I was wheeled to my wife's car.

still hurts real bad. Cheeks, tounge, and front of mouth are still numb. Tooth area has full feeling. I've taken the max amount of meds I am allowed to and I'm still hurtin :wtc:. My food today has consisted of one smoothie, one chocolate milk, and a lot of blood.

During the surgery, I was supposed to be only half concious using some drugin my IV -- after the first tooth was done, I was fully aware of everything - that sucked.

2. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

Ensure > *

3. ManinCamo

my wife has bought me jello and pudding and soup and all kinds of other stuff I'm allowed to eat and plenty of fluids to drink.:love:

4. pakman

pakman New Member

Oh my gosh. They stuck me with like 10 shots, pulled out all four (two impacted) while I was wide awake, and that was that. I got 2 days quarters and a TON of percocet :big grin:

5. ManinCamo

Here is what I look like today

[​IMG]

6. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

I had mine taken out 2 weeks prior to leaving Afghanistan. You'll be alright. I stopped taking the meds and suffered through the pain. The only thing that ended up hurting was whenever I drank anything and it went to my cut up gums. That wasn't much fun.

What did they do to you to where you couldn't drive yourself home? When I got mine removed, I had some kind of numbing thing they shot up with syringes. They wouldn't let me keep my own teeth. I could have gotten a few bucks from the tooth fairy. :mad:

7. GochuBoy

GochuBoy OT Supporter

good luck on recovery.

8. ManinCamo

I'm still in severe pain. I went to the ER Saturay to get more pain meds. Two hours later walked out with enough pain pills to get me through the weekend. Today I got squeezed into an appointment. Doc said Dry Socket - packed it, gave me some more pain meds, some antibiotics in case I have an infection (i'm still swolen and bruised) and I have another appointment tomorrow. And I have to work today still.

Percocet makes it all better though :eek5:

Still on a soft food diet :wtc: