No More OG Xbox MP/DLC after April v.GP's thoughts

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Wthermans, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Wthermans

Wthermans What does "New High Score" mean? Is that bad? Di

Just wondering how everyone feels about this. Apparently original Xbox games will no longer support online MP after April. MS is pulling the plug. GAF is reporting that OG Xbox DLC is already offline. What does everyone feel about this? Personally I think it's rather shitty and a horrible picture of how things will be once PS4/Xbox 3 has been released. I kinda wish DLC never existed if this is the BS we have to look forward to. It also makes me rethink my future Steam purchases as this could always happen with that program in the future. I suppose if you never plan to replay some old classics, then you have nothing to worry about, but personally I love the fact I can still hookup my old NES/SNES/Genesis and play the games exactly how they were 20+ years ago. I don't forsee this being the case with current gen titles. :hsd:

2. georgexi

georgexi o.O OT Supporter

people still play OG xbox online?!

3. HipHopHead

HipHopHead Well-Known Member

I think you missed the point.

Like shit you DL from XBLA you will not be able to play in the future on a different console when/if they take the servers down. So in 20 years you'll be SOL. Not like any 360's will still be up and working by then anyway though. :rofl:

And if anything Halo 2 is still pretty big I think, you can (well could) play OG Xbox games online from the 360's backwards compatibility.

4. woot

woot wo

In for PS4/Xbox 720 soon. I am sick of spending so much money on a gaming computer these days.

5. charbaby

charbaby New Member

This is fucking retarded. Cutting off og xbox online usage like that, then yanking the downloadable content two months early. The xbox kinda failed.. but the 360 has been pretty successful and should have better post obsolete support. It better
    This is why I limit the amount of downloadable games I buy for these current machines. Just bad signs for future consoles. Gotta throw in my ogbox games and grab what I can.

6. stkorn97

stkorn97 OT Supporter

i honestly dont care since i hated the original xbox and really didnt own more than 2 or 3 games the whole time i had the system. :dunno: sucks for those who actually used it i guess

7. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

I don't give a fuck. You can still fake a LAN connection over the internet. Does XboxConnect still work? or whatever its called. I'm sure that our experience with xbox live can improve when they don't have to support the broken system that was the original xbox live

8. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

This has to do with the xbox1 being incapable of supporting the inevitable evolution of xbox live. The 360 doesn't have that problem and it won't even in 10 years. XBLA content purchased for 360 will most definitely be available on the next xbox.