No Meguiars

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by joedog24, Dec 28, 2004.

1. joedog24

joedog24 New Member

What would you use scott if there was no meguiars, including pads. Lake Country for pads? I've always had good results with the 3M stuff, inplace of DACP, and SSR's. You seem to like nattys, moose and EX, and lately Z. I've never tried wolfgang. Please elaberate on this hypothetical.

2. spark plugs.

spark plugs. beautiful. OT Supporter

i hear pinnacle isn't so bad, either.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd use the Poorboy's SSR line or maybe Menzerna for correcting paint and I really like the Propel buffing pads you can get through Excel Detail ($6.88 each through the end of the year www.exceldetail.com ), I just ordered some more in fact.

Wolfgang is a very nice sealant. The pre-cleaner is fine, nothing special. You could replace it with AIO, VM and other light glazes/polishes. The sealant gives a very liquid carnauba look, definitely the closest sealant to a real carnauba look I have used.

4. solaraguy

solaraguy Guest

That's like saying a Rolls or an S class Benz isn't a bad car. Pinnacle is a premium product.

Pinnacle products are outstanding, but they do command a premium price.

5. joedog24

joedog24 New Member

Is S100 "just as good" as souveran? Or do we have that "Brand Name" mentallity stuck in our heads?

6. joedog24

joedog24 New Member

Which is more awesome looking, wolfgang sealant, or 4*UPP? On top of AIO.

7. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Actually there is a difference at least in my experience but it all depends on the prep work that has been put in to the paint before topping it off. On red and black it's hard to beat the shine of Sourveran but s100 is pretty close behind. In my experience, Sourveran has a deeper, wetter look to it than S100 but I'm sure that there will be people that disagree.

8. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Once again, depends on the prep work that has gone in to the paint before hand. It also depends on the color. If you're on a silver or lighter colored car, then the UPP is hard to beat. On a darker car then the Wolfgang looks great. Experiment and see, that's what's best about detailing. You can experiment and have fun with it trying different combinations.

9. solaraguy

solaraguy Guest

Poorboy's EX-P is another good choice for light paint and metallics. Not as slick as UPP, but they are working on the slickness.

The fun is experimenting with the different products & combos and seeing what you like best.

As Labster mentions, prep work is the key. The final results are 90% prep/process and 10% product.

10. joedog24

joedog24 New Member

how do you 2 like to prep?