NO.......lookin for some advice

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by fromthecold, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthecold

fromthecold OT Supporter

The story is, I'm a 19 yr old male. I'm pretty tall (6'4") and have been a bean poll all my life. But now I've been living on my own at university for almost 2 yrs now and recently, I've noticed a gut forming :wtc:. Now, I know this is kinda normal.... between the beer (I don'd drink that often, couple times a month) and fairly shitty diet, but I won't have it.

I have started going to the gym 1-3 times a week, but with my limited knowledge, I've just been doing a small 30 min cardio warmup and then some small weights.

I figured you guys would know how to kill this gut of mine before it gets rediculous.

Cliffs: getting chunky,

What exercises can I do to target the whole stomach. Mainly, how many/how often to do them. (ie. 100 crunches/day 3 days a week, or w/e)

any input would be greatly appreciated.:sadwavey:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  2. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

Your gut will not go away by doing crunches. In fact, if you do a million crunches, your gut will most likely grow larger, and your abs will still not show. The only way to get rid of your gut is to lose OVERALL weight.

3. fromthecold

fromthecold OT Supporter

interesting... ok

so just lots of fat burning activites (running etc) ??

being a guy, I obviously would like a sixpack......:hsugh:

4. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

The way to lose weight is to be at a caloric deficit. There is a sticky at the top of the forum called "basic guide to fat loss." I suggest you look at it.. also, throwing up a pic would help in telling you whether you should cut (lose wieght) or bulk (gain weight, and therefore gain muscle).

5. fromthecold

fromthecold OT Supporter

ok
    will do

I'll read through that thread and then post a pic so u guys can laugh hah

thanks for the input Ilyusha

6. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

No problem.

7. Grouch

Grouch Guest

Hey guess what we have very usefull and detailed threads this exact same thing in the archives. You should check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.