No Longer Interesting...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sentient, Aug 15, 2009.

1. sentient

sentient New Member

Background: Girl and I have been close friends and were FBs before the summer. She's been wanting it to be more and I like her too, so we've been chatting a lot. Was going to ask her out once school starts.

Prob: Maybe part of it is because we used to be really close friends (talked and hung out a lot), but I have absolutely nothing to say to her anymore. Just feels really routine... Thinking back, the hooking up started to seem like that right before the summer too :dunno:

With other girls there's always been a spark/unfamiliarity/excitement initially, but the talking/hooking up would get boring after a couple of weeks (pretty sure the girls felt similarly). Same thing is happening in this case, but the difference is I really like her still...

TBH, this is my first non-short term FB/hookup, but pretty sure this isn't the way it's supposed to be :squint:

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

the joy of being FWB is you're not committed to her. If you're bored with her, take it back to just being friends.

3. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

Matt, are you going to UI next year?

Sorry about the mad off topic.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

nope...I graduated college back in '06. I work at the hospital though.

5. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

What do you work as? My aunt is head of infectious disease, i think, her name is Rachel Miller, and my uncle is a cardiovascular surgeon, his name is Francis Miller.

Know any of them?

6. sentient

sentient New Member

lol thx guys

the bigger problem i guess is that i don't feel capable of maintaining longer, deeper relationships. i still like her, but i just don't feel that entertaining and spontaneous anymore after a couple of weeks usually... it's been longer than that w/ her actually, so i'm making progress? :)

in the past it hasn't been a problem since i wasn't really ever seriously interested for more than a couple of weeks.