GUN "No Kel-Tec firearm is for sale in California"

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Gundam, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Gundam

Gundam Tell Drama he's on my to do list, right after inse

I've recently emailed Kel-Tec about the legality of their SU-16 in California, and they replied with this:

"Thank you for your email.

Due to recent regulations in your state, No Kel-Tec firearm is for sale in
    California at this time.

Future sales in California is currently unknown. Please feel free to check back
    with us at a later date."

What kind of bullshit is this?! Not only will I not be able to purchase an SU-16, I can't even get the Sub 2000! Anyone know exactly what recent regulations arose that have now banned the selling of Kel-Tec firearms in Kalifornia?

2. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

:eek3:

Either the CA DOJ has not "tested" and approved any Keltecs for sale in CA, or they did test them and decided they were not fit to be sold in CA because they lack built in 128-bit security, fingerprint ID lock, etc, etc.

:dunno: That really sucks warm sick.

3. Gundam

When they say that Kel-Tec arms are no longer available for purchase in California, does that just mean I can't buy one from a dealer here? And that I can still order one over the internet and have it shipped to a local FFL as long as the gun isn't on the banned list?

4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

You'd have to check with the California DOJ to see if the particular gun is on their approved list. If a dealer there has it for sale, i don't know why you wouldn't be able to buy it. But if you buy out of state, your local dealer will only be able to transfer to you if the gun is DOJ approved.

i don't know if they're applying their approved certification to rifles as well as handguns, but that's the only reason i can see why the Keltec rifles wouldn't be available. :dunno:

5. lookee what i found

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/genchar.htm

tells you basic general characteristics of how CA defines an assault rifle, in this particular case of the the Kel-Tec (looks bad ass, wish CA didnt have so many nuts to keep things like this out of our hands) its an assault rifle because it has a folding stock, semiautomatic fire, AND a detachable magazine

6. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Sorry, it's not considered an AW. They don't classify it as a folding stock. The gun isn't capable of firing when it's collapsed, so it isn't considered such.

7. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Oh, btw.....

[​IMG]

Kel Tec = Awesome

8. Gundam

I might be interested in getting a Sub 2000 now because I'm just so impatient. At least I know the Sub 2000 has received good reviews. And seeing how you are in CA, at least I know it's legal. Did you get yours at a local dealer, or did you get it out of state and had it shipped to a local FFL?