no ipod/headphones at the gym = FTL

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by FINALBOSS, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

fucking bitch sister took my god damn car and my ipod is in my car. ever since i got my ipod awhile ago...it's next to impossible to stay focused in the gym without having my tunes right by my side.

anyone agree?

oh and in gym music = blows cocks. i don't enjoy working out to leeann rhymes.

2. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

If I ever forget my Dell DJ I don't work out worth a shit. I hate Golds music.

3. JAFAR

JAFAR FPS whore OT Supporter

:werd: It's happened to me a few times. I hate it. I wish gyms weren't so "PC" and just played top 40 or some f'in industrial.

4. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Yeah when my ipod breaks (about every 2 months) and I'm without it for a few days it sucks.

Seriously, iPod shuffles are huge pieces of shit. I'm on my third one and it just stopped working.

5. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

no shit huh.

the worst part is when i have full battery...get to the gym and get started only to look down and see my ipod now has 0 battery.

6. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

if you need music to help you get in the zone you don't have shit worth of motivation

7. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

i hate lifting without it. it allows me totally zone out and focus on myself only :o

i get to distracted without it :o

8. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

Seriously you're a fucking worthless piece of shit, just quit fucking posting

9. you are a bad member son

10. JAFAR

:squint: What the fuck man?

11. tehchosen

tehchosen New Member

never used any mp3 player at the gym, i dont want sweat earpeices in my soaked ear

12. FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

i'm sorry. i don't have a viper waiting for me in the parking lot to drive home with after the gym to keep me motivated.

you're a faggot.

everyone thus far seems to agree music plays a nice role in keeping you focused.......except you.

13. BUT BUT BUT IN ARNOLDS ERA THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE MP3 PLAYERS

-fagboy44

14. tehchosen

tehchosen New Member

im sorry but i kinda agree with this

15. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

no, I disagree...other than myself I'd say there was a handful of people on here that don't need the assistance of something else to get them focused and concentrate on thier objective. But you're right, there are more weakminded people than strong-willed...I'll give you that.

16. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

have you ever read where Arnold said "real bodybuilders never break or lose concentration. A bomb could go off across the street and it won't break the concentration of a real bodybuilder"

ever read that? It pretty much goes along with what I say all the time. Bodybuilding not only improves your physique and overall health, but it helps train and prepare you for other endeavors of your life. If you can learn to apply the dedication and concentration needed to be a successful bodybuilder there isn't anything you can't do.

Obviously you guys need to work on your concentration. No offense

17. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

:rofl:

18. JAFAR

I have read that. Apparently I'm not a "real bodybuilder" then. If people haven't been lifting that long or just started lifting (i.e. moi), they aren't going to have near the amount of focus/concentration/habit/dedication that's built up from years of training, and the music helps me a lot.

Maybe one day I can be as l33t as you, drive a viper, and not need music to help me concentrate. But until that day comes, I'm going to use anything I can to help.

19. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

Don't appriciate the sarcasm.

However, a little word of advice. If you always ride a bicycle with training wheels how are you ever going to learn to ride without them?

Get what I'm saying? When I started out back 10 years ago I too used headsets and from time to time I'll use them now(for the sole reason of not having people come talk to me) but I realized if Im ever going to be able to compete in either PL or BB I have to know how to NOT let any outside distractions take me away from what I need to do. So I ditched the walkman and started focusing on my objective. If I found myself wandering I'd simply kick it into high gear, look at the ground and never take my mind off of my workout.

just my two cents. Take it or leave it.

20. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

have you ever worked out a gym where everyone around you chatting laughing loudly and being obnoxious? I never needed an mp3 till I joined 24hr. Its VERy hard to concentrate on doing heavy squats when faggots next to you wont shut up. SO what do you do? You turn up the volume till you cannot hear them problem solved.

21. tehchosen

tehchosen New Member

Or you mind your buisiness and block them out ?

22. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

Arnolds whole life was bodybuilding during that time. He had no job nothing else to do. If a bomb goes off and you keep working out your not concentrating you're being a fucking idiot.

23. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

easy solution to a minor problem.

There isnt' any obnoxious people in my gym.

24. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

taking the analogy serious ftl

25. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

You cna mind your own business when people next to you are louder than the gym music being played over the jbl loudspeaker system? Fuck off noob do you even workout?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.