SRS No Idea what to do with my Life...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nish81, Jul 16, 2006.

1. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

{cliffs at the bottom}
    Well, I've been feeling recently like my life is kind of 'empty'. I'm spending most of my days just lying around the house, (I'm on my summer break, halfway through) waking up late, and doing nothing constructive at all. It's the last bit that bothers me. I'm not sure if this should be considered a serious problem or anything, but to me it is. I mean, there's so much I could be doing, but I'm just...not? And I don't know why. My room's a mess, (much more so then usual..) and, well, I just feel like my life has no purpose, nowhere to go, its just so empty. And everytime I think of this, (like right now) I just feel so frustrated. On top of this, I'm also in a mood of depression, because my two best friends in whom I could confide pretty much everything have now left the country permenantly, and my GF, (who I was good friends with for 2 years before asking her out 7 months ago) has cleanly broken up with me, but still wants us to be best friends. My problem is, I don't know if I can still stay best friends with her or whether I..can't, (she's still on holidays, so I'll only find out when she gets back tomorrow). With all this combined, I just feel like my life is spiraling out of my control, and its such a waste.

cliffs:
    • life feels useless and empty, and going out of my control, just wasting it all
    • two bestest friends left permenantly
    • g/f broke up, wants to stay friends, and I don't know if I can
    does anyone have any advice/help? please?

2. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Take a short vacation, setup some new goals, and get back in the driver's seat. I was in something like this during college... then my last quater I setup some goals to accomplish for Spring Quater and over the summer, and surprisingly I feel a million times better.

1) Build Muscle (Check)
    2) Get a Sport Bike or Sport Car (Check, Nissan 300zx)
    3) Find a GF (Check)
    4) Find a Summer Job (Check)
    5) Find a Job for when I get back to college (In Progress)
    6) Find a major and stick to it (In Progress)
    7) Look into transfer (Check)

After the Car, the GF, the Job, and going out often... I feel a ton better then when I was at college. So setup some goals and complete them!

When you break up with a girl, get rid of everything that reminds you of her and pickup a hobby. Me and a girl from my college broke up, but with getting a new car and my grandfather dying, I didn't even feel it.

3. SFA

SFA This is what revenge sounds like.

I just started boxing last week, after dealing with the fallout of a breakup, it has helped me alot.

4. Pringles

Pringles New Member

most physical activity can bring happiness it's getting moving or starting that is hard.

5. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

Thanks everyone!
    About the taking a shorter vacation part, well, I can't help it; I go to school, and they decide the vacation. As for accomplishing goals and keeping myself busy, well that sounds like good advice. I'll start by doing some writing, (something I always wanted to do!) and hopefully things will look up :)

Thanks again!