MMA No heavy bag? No problem!

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Mega-JC: Da Return, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

Missed class today so.... I improvised :mamoru: Perfect for low, and mid kicks. Anybody else have their own poor-man's setup?

[​IMG]

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

:rofl: just get a bag homie. too many things could go wrong there, plus the free-movement of the bag is one of the best things about it.

3. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

I live in an appartment so I can't hang it :(

4. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

they do make stands you know

I do believe once I get my welder I'm going to make one for the garage so i don't have to hang it from ceiling joists anymore. Every time I kick it hard i swear the garage is going to fall over.

5. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

Check the ads, I recently picked up a quality century stand w/ heavy bag & speed bag for $50 on Craigslist.

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I should really get a standing one too... I hang mine from the support beam of the house, which was built in 1913......

Besides, there's not that much space down there... if I had it outside I could move more freely.

7. teep

teep New Member

Haha I used to kick an old futon mattress for fun when I lived in New York City for a few months. Cross, hook as you step out to the side, jump in with a leg kick....then so much fucking dust would come out I'd start coughing and stop.

8. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I have a pretty nice stand w/ heavy bag (attached upper cut bag which is nice for upper cuts and knee strikes) and speed bag... I believe it is an everlast... Even weighted down and pushed up against my basement wall it still moves around a little bit when I am throwing hard punches or kicks... but then again, I am 6'4 225lbs with nuclear bombs in my hands! :coolugh: