No guys interested in me

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Anticipate, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

I don't know what to do- I long for a boyfriend/relationship, but guys are never interested in me. What should I do? (I am not a teen btw, I am in my mid twenties).

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

OK, I don't mean this in a typical OT way, but for this thing, a pic would help.

What do you like to do? Where/how are you looking for/meeting guys?

Why do you think you can't get any men?

3. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

Yes, a pic would help.

4. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

I may change my mind in the future, but for now, I do not wish to post my picture. From what I have been told, guys do tend to think I'm pretty (not drop-dead, but regular pretty). I am thin, 5'1", have medium length brown hair, hazel eyes, and wear glasses (I have tried to get contacts, can't get them in my eyes).
    I like watching movies, going ice skating, bowling, miniature golf, listening to music, going to concerts. I meet guys regularly in my neighborhood, however, they never seem to be interested in me (there's lots of competition- they want the girls who are drop dead gorgeous and in glamorous careers like law or fashion). I also date on the internet, which used to be good for getting dates, but lately none of the guys on the website want to get to know me.
    I found that when I was in college, there were more guys interested in me. I finished college a few years ago, and things have been really bad for me professionally, since then, which makes me unhappy, and I believe, in turn, makes guys less interested in me.

5. illdisposed

illdisposed New Member

you sure theyre not intrested?

maybe they are but your not picking up the signals, either that or your too intimidating

pic would def help alot...

6. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Yes, I am sure they're not interested. I am including guys who I have been out with, who have told me straight out, after one, two, or three dates that they don't see themselves having a relationship with me. I think I am the most non-intimidating person ever- what could possibly be intimidating about an average/pretty girl who works at a low-level assistant job?
    As I mentioned, I will consider posting a pic in the future, but for right now I would like a little anonymity.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  7. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Buy the book "Why Men Love Bitches" --- I think Sherry Argov wrote it.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Another good question that will help. What are you looking for with guys? If it's a serious relationship, what are your goals for it? Do you want to have children anytime soon?

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Im sorry no matter how shy of a girl you are if you look decent some guy is going to want to get with you. A pic would help, at least a body pic and cut the face out for some type of refernce.

10. Socrates

Socrates New Member

And if you're too shy to show a bunch of random people on the internet, who are trying to help you, then you need some serious help! But I think you'll show!

11. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Yes, I am shy, and I do tend to be serious. I used to have a sense of humor, mostly sarcastic, which people never appreciated, so I stopped making sarcastic jokes. I would like to have fun, however, it is really hard when I am so upset about my job, and my lack of guys.

12. mondaynightmike

mondaynightmike New Member

Can i just ask why you long for a boyfriend?

I love being single. I don't plan on finding a girlfriend till i'm at least 28.

13. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

At first, for companionship- someone to go out with, go to dinner, movies, etc. Someone I can connect to on a serious level as well, who I can talk about my job with. After it becomes serious, I would like to get married and have children.

14. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

I don't really have a picture like that, most of my pictures are shoulder/waist and up. Also, I don't have a photoshop type of program to erase a part of the picture.

15. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

what kind of setting do you live in? urban? out in the country?

16. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Urban. (but I'm a suburb girl at heart)

17. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

You seem very serious. Focus more on having fun.

18. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

How?

19. danlhinz

danlhinz New Member

I think you sound desirable, but I like nerdy girls.

20. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Less job talk, more action. Guys don't like to talk.

21. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

There are guys out there, you just have to find them. Sounds like most of the guys you would like are in professional type jobs and probably don't have a lot of time to go out and find women.

I'm in that situation, I'm a cost analyst for a large company and I more or less have no social life. I wish I could find a more traditional/serious woman like you, it seems like most women these days are only interested in getting drunk and screwing around with anyone they can find.

Keep the faith, we are out there.

22. kiri

kiri New Member

i'm also what i would consider to be pretty (not drop-dead gorgeous) but i also tend to attract a lot of guys. from my observations i'd say that guys approach me mostly when i'm not thinking about it... like when i'm out having fun with my friends and am in a really good mood. whether you want to or not, you give off a certain vibe, and since a lot of people (especially guys) are commitment-phobic, if you're giving off the "i want a serious relationship" vibe or "i'm desperate to find someone" vibe, they're going to sense that, either consciously or subconsciously, and they might avoid you because of it. the healthiest relationships are based off of mutual love and happiness, not NEED. so if you are in a position where you're happy doing whatever you're doing, other happy people are naturally going to gravitate towards you. no one wants to take on the job of using their energy to make someone else happy.

i guess my best advice would be to focus on other things... go to the bar with your girlfriends, go running/walking around, get some hobbies, and don't even think about guys. the minute you stop FOCUSING on finding a guy, i'm sure some will start to pop up.

23. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Don't expect movies or dinners for first dates. They don't work well, because you either end up spending a lot of money, or have no time to talk and get to know each other. Start asking guys if they would just like want to go get a coffee sometime (or something similar that is inexpensive or free).

Other suggestions you could ask guys about doing are like bowling, ice skating (I think you mentioned liking this), etc. Something that's an activity that you can both enjoy and have fun with.

24. its a guy thing

its a guy thing New Member

You need someone to tell you how to have fun?

Why don't you pm me a myspace link or a pic.. I'll keep it confidential.. someone needs to see.

If you think you're "pretty" but everyone things something else, then there might be the issue. "Pretty" is subjective as well as possible a polite saying.

25. teo

teo . => ? => !

If you don't find the guys you like in the places you're looking, get out of your comfort zone and look for them somewhere else.