MIL no fingerprints = no boot camp

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kylieannminogue, Dec 29, 2009.

1. kylieannminogue

kylieannminogue OT Supporter

not sure if you guys know, but pretty soon i'm heading into the NAVY (as an OS).

5 weeks ago, November 24th, i went through MEPS. everything went off without a hitch aside from my biometric fingerprints.

since i've climbed really hard for 1 year and 7 months, my fingertips were completely thrashed. they told me to take time off from climbing and take care of my fingertips.

that's what i did. my fingerprints were improved about 80% to the human eye. when i went back to MEPS yesterday again to get my fingerprints done again, they still were really damaged.

I'm assuming the computer is highly sensitive and can detect the smallest damage to the skin.

i'm supposed to leave for boot camp on january 5th. they are giving me one more chance on january 4th to get my fingerprints done. if at that time they aren't healed enough, my leave date gets pushed back another month.

i was super bummed because i was ready to leave.

sucks because i won't know how long it will actually take my fingerprints to heal.

:hs:

anyone else have this problem?

2. Off

Off Memento Mori

are you sure they're actually healing? I have really bad fingertips as well from climbing/outdoors shit I did before the military, cooking (shit is hardcore, son) and I used to chew on them as a kid to boot and I can tell all the little scars aren't going to go away.

3. kylieannminogue

well, never crossed my mind that they could be scarred rather than damaged.

on the computer screen it looks like holes and shit in my fingers. but what pissed me off is that the dude doing the biometrics fingerprinting wasn't really taking his time. he kind of just plopped my finger on the scanner and made a quick determination-- "it's not going to work."

i was hoping he'd at least take some time to make sure my fingers were in the best possible position on the scanner.

but the navy folks will try and do their best for me-- ink printing, overrides, etc.

best i can do right now is hope... and stop jerking off or something.

4. alex

alex My neighbor got the gas chamber awhile back for do Moderator

...was going to be my recommendation

5. MassiveGas

MassiveGas OT Supporter

You should try to be part of the MIB

6. kylieannminogue

recruiter told me to jerk off with gloves on :mamoru:

7. American SuperBeast

American SuperBeast New Member

They won't take you? my fingerprints were messed up at least on my thumbs, i would say that they were at maybe 70% but they let that slide, maybe because it was only my thumbs.
    Really though they probably are scarred if you do alot of climbing and things like that.

8. kylieannminogue

fingerprints have to be sent to the FBI and my record has to be cleared before i head to boot camp. that's the issue.

i don't understand why this doesn't happen more often. they are making it seem like i am a rare case or something. i'm sure there are lumberjacks and auto mechanics that have fucked up fingerprints as well.

9. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

dont put lotin on your hands when you go in.. it causes problems too.

10. brettD

brettD New Member

pretty weird, when i got mine done theyhad slices all over them ( was doing HVAC at the time ) and they didnt care at all. wish the best of luck to you, im sure everything will work out

11. kylieannminogue

not sure why i am having such a hard time with it.

12. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

lol. MEPS = Not FBI --- MEPS does not know how to, or care to read your prints, they're just making an assumption that the prints will be unreadable.

If they hassle you again, just demand they do a SF87 and send it to OPM. I suspect you're going to ship before your investigation even opens - but worst case you get to annoy your N2 by constantly asking him to check to confirm your cards were accepted.

PM if greater detail is required.

13. pmoney

pmoney OT Supporter

who the hell was doing your prints? mine were so royally fucked up because i was re rolling my finger over some of them multiple times because i cant hold out certain fingers wit hthe rest in (so eventually i just held them with the other hand :ugh: :rofl: ). there is NO WAY 1/2 of my prints are even close to legible, just a bunch of smudge marks. no one said anything what so ever

14. solarsrt4

solarsrt4 New Member

Just tell them your going to go talk to an Army recruiter. See if that persuades them. If it doesn't, i'm sure the army will take you w/ a few fucked up fingerprints lol.

15. Trlstyle

Trlstyle New Member

?
    I dont know how most MEPS are, but Tampa MEPS is run by the army and is for all 5 branches. the civilian liaison doing the fingerprints wouldn't give a fuck who you were going to.

16. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

My hands just always get sweaty as hell. :ugh:

17. The Weasel

The Weasel Lakers, Packers, Flyers, Backpacking, Halo Crew OT Supporter

Im guessing he got in. :hsugh: