No cell reception at home

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rodman8600, Jul 7, 2007.

1. rodman8600

rodman8600 OT Supporter

I have absolutely no cell reception at home, and it has been a huge issue for a while. I have had cingular, and now I have sprint, neither work well, and none of my friends with other carriers get reception here either. I was wondering if there is any product out there, like an antenna or something that you can put on your house to boost the cell reception. Does anyone know of anything like this and how effective they are? Any recommendations or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

Put your Sprint phone into roam mode and see if you get a signal. If so then Verizon will suit you better. If not then you live in the fooking boondocks and you need to move closer to civilization if you want to use a celly at home. Otherwise be a sucker and deal w/ a landline at home.

:big grin:

3. rodman8600

rodman8600 OT Supporter

no, i dont get coverage even when roaming, anyone got any other suggestions? thanks for the help

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Your "jump to conclusions" mat needs to be re-calibrated.

A Sprint phone in roam will not always go to Verizon. In fact, we have Verizon towers in my area, but my sprint phone on roaming will use a US Cellular signal.

5. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter

Call your carrier and see if you can get them to install a booster (I think that's the right name) in your area. Basically it's another antenna that improves reception in it's area.

If everyone else in your area has the same problem, you may be able to pressure them into it.

6. XPX

XPX New Member

not always the case, I'm in Weston, FL and all carriers suck here...at least in this street. In fact I'm surprised how bad the cell phone service is here in Florida, back at home (Venezuela) the sound quality is much better...:ugh:

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

lol, never gonna happen.

first of all, when you call cust svc, they don't give a fuck about your service. Even if they say they're gonna note it, send an email, do whatever, all they do is say something to get you off the phone.

And before some dumbass tells me you need to ask for a supervisor, that is incorrect. 99 times out of a hundred the supervisor is more likely to blow smoke up your ass -- and when they're done, if they did say they'd adjust your account or something else that requires "work" they'll just tell the original rep to do it.

8. rodman8600

rodman8600 OT Supporter

yea, i got off the phone with customer service, all they suggested was buying a $400 antenna booster from a 3rd party that I would need to mount on my outside wall at home. I guess im screwed

9. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter

Maybe some neighbors would be willing to pitch in.

10. JimDab

JimDab The holiest lurker.

cellular signal amplifiers

To answer your question. There are devices that amplify the signal strength. I remember seeing them on Amazon.com, forgot what they were called though.

Damn I feel like a freakin amazon advertisment now.

11. Fidel Castro

Fidel Castro OT Supporter

weston is the everglades....