GUN No brand scopes?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ooorah2111, Jan 18, 2007.

1. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

I was at a gun show in San Diego recently and I came across this Eotech scope for half price. I asked why it was so cheap and it was because the Eotech logo wasn't on the scope. Do you guys think it is worth it? Whats the difference? Should I have bought it? The cost was from $150 to $200 dollars. If it is worth it, are there any places or sights that I can buy them from?

2. redna

redna New Member

If it's not branded, I'd think it was a replica. i.e. fake. i.e. lower quality glass and materials. i.e. not worth it.

3. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

eotech has pretty unique features

did it operate anything like a real one?

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

I have an unlabeled Rolex I'll sell you at 1/2 price :hsugh:

5. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Was that Eotech next to the Beanie Babies.. if it was real it would have a logo, it was a knock off, but then look at what you will use it for, and decide if you think its worth it?

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Need more info on it but definently a knock off. Some of them can range from total pieces of shit meant for airsoft, to not that bad.

Be cautious you get what you pay for.

7. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

I have an EoTech and don't see what the hype is all about. :o

8. sprite

sprite Active Member

Go post that on AR.com and take cover... ZOMG ITS BATTLE PROVEN BOMBPROOF OPTIC!!11!! IF IT DOESN'T SAY EOTECH OR AIMPOINT OR TRIJICON ON IT THEN IT IS CRAP AND WILL MALFUCNTION AND YOU WILL DIE!!111!!

9. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

My selling point was.I was at a funshop,and a couple of the Eotech reps where there demonstarting and all that stuff.They had one there,that had a bullet hole completely through the sides,and the thing still was working.

10. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I remember that next time someone is shooting at me :noes:

11. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

They aren't all that cracked up for the price and it's rather stupid to buy one for a range gun unless you think your friends will be impressed that you have a replica of a combat rifle. (although it's still semi auto)
    For what the average person uses it for, the eotech is overkill. You can get the Holosight which is the civilian version made by the same company for half the price. The difference is it doesn't come with the NightVision settings and doesn't have the metal guard around it.

There are some decent copy cat systems out there for the Aimpoints too that do the same thing as the real ones but aren't built for combat and aren't overpriced because of a military contract. They work just fine for range shooting and home defense (if that were to ever happen) but of course they won't hold up to the rigors of real combat (which again, no one who buys one will ever see)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  12. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Yeah, what Verm said. The holosight XLP looks pretty nice.

13. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

it was probably a bushnell. i wouldn't spend that much on it. just go ahead and buy the real thing. i was gonna buy a facog but said fuck it and just sprung for the price of an Eotech.

14. :hsugh:

the bushnell holosite and the eotech 510 are pretty much identical, same innards, except the eotech has the metal protective shroud over the top.

15. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

If you're spending any more than $50, definately get a real name brand sight. Doesn't need to be an Eotech, but don't blow $150-200 on something that doesn't even have a name. Just get a "lesser" name-brand. If you're going to get a no-name, then you can get plenty of no-names for $30-50. They aren't going to be amazing, but alot of them are still decent.

16. IEDJunky

IEDJunky Member

It appears somebody's never heard of U.S. Optics or Schmidt & Bender. The U.S. Optics SN-4 w/illum reticle is an awesome all-around optic.