No Audio Device

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by spliffer1, Jan 10, 2009.

1. spliffer1

spliffer1 New Member

I'm so fucking frustrated about this.

I have a MacBook computer and run Windows XP on the Windows side and recently lost sound. When you go to sound - its says No Audio Device is there, but it is and all drivers are updated. I have gone into Device Manager and confirmed all is there, but there is a yellow exclamation mark there. I've updated the drivers, uninstalled, and reinstalled it and nothing. My Windows Audio is set to run automatically.

I have installed all Windows and Apple updates. I believe that the Windows update is the one that blew it away.

I don't want to restore, but have tried 100 different things and still have no sound.

Anybody have this issue?

2. Repost

Repost PENCIL DICK

Maybe ask apple for some windows drivers.

3. CodeX

CodeX Guest

I had this same problem with XP on a custom built PC that had been working correctly for over a year, you can see my thread here:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3987027

Short answer is, I couldn't figure it out. I installed vista since I had been meaning to anyway and haven't had a problem. I suspect it may have been an automatic update even though I was fairly sure I had that disabled, because I have no idea what else could have happened.

*edit* nevermind, your problem is different. I did not see a yellow exclamation point in device manager, mine said everything was working properly.