Nissan

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by fliptout, Oct 28, 2003.

1. fliptout

fliptout New Member

I'm doing a project on Nissan for my marketing class, and im doing a little survey. I need the help of OT to answer some questions.

1. What is your perception of the Nissan brand and product line?

2. If you own a Nissan, what do you like about it? (specify year/model)

3. If you do not own a Nissan, would you buy one? (specify model) Why or why not?

4. What does their new ad campaign say to you? (shift_....)

please only serious posts.

2. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

1. Hip. Innovative. Growing.

2. 1994 GTR - fast, responsive, fun, roomy

3. NA

4. I understand it but I don't necessariyly buy into it. I think they could do better.

3. fliptout

fliptout New Member

4. Yop

Yop Guest

1. Cool, Race Known, RWD

2. 1993 240sx- fun, quick turning, drifts pretty well

3. N/A

4. Um.. its ok, i guess, i think they could do better, maybe show how nissans are known for being track able

5. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

1. I believe they live up to what CEO Ghosn said, "We make cars that are everything to some people, not something to everybody." They make unique cars for unique people. Not the typical cookie cutter appliances other makes are known for.

2. I own a 2003 SE-R. I like it because it fits my needs perfectly: Looks nice, not very common, powerful, and affordable.

3. NA

4. shift_ means to me that they are changing the role of automobiles in a persons life. No longer are they just tools, they are extensions of your personality.

6. sduquette

sduquette Guest

1. Good product, bad history, terrible resale compared to the other 2.

2. All Nissans I have owned were wonderful, troublefree vehicles that were designed with everything you use, and nothing you don't

4. Says nothing to me, I drive cars, not watch commercials

7. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

1. The sleeper, bad history, known to make powerful cars, racing history. My favorite out of the big 3.

2. I don't own a Nissan(yet) but my brother owns a '94 Maxima. It drives smoothly, and he's never had a problem with it. It's very comfy, and is an all around good car.

3. The next car I plan on buying is a '91 Nissan 240sx. I am buying this because it looks good, and drives good. It is also one of the fewer rear-wheel drive cars.

4. Shift_ to me says that they are trying to forget their past image, and are setting up a new "hipper" one for the Gen-X and Gen-Y.

8. ae86andkp61

ae86andkp61 Guest

1. Very early on (60's/ early 70's), they were a leader among Japanese imports. Nothing too remarkable about their middle years (late 70's/80's) when compared to other Japanese brands. Now coming out of a troublesome period they had a few years ago. Better quality cars and more in tune with the market than they were a few years ago. In general their current lineup of vehicles seems to be fairly powerful, decently affordable, and attrociously ugly looking. I hate their current styling, in particular the trademark grille/front end, and the vertical headlights/taillights on the Z. :ugh: I also don't get the impression that reliability/durability is on a par with Toyota yet, though. :hs: I am a bit disappointed that they don't offer a small car anymore. The Sentra isn't small. I would like to see a subcompact hatchback.

2. N/A

3. I probably wouldn't buy one. The three categories of car that interest me are: subcompact hatchback...I would look at a Focus, Scion, Civic, Golf, etc....what does Nissan offer? Or a small wagon...once again, not from Nissan right now. Or......a small lightweight RWD coupe. The Z is just too fucking ugly, too heavy/big, and a little too expensive. I am talking more like four cylinders, more like a modern AE86, updated 240SX/Silvia, or the new JDM Mazda Roadster coupe (Miata coupe.) I would also be a little bit concerned about durability...I have had such good luck with Toyota, sticking with a Toyota/Lexus/Scion product would be my preference.

4. I don't know. I don't pay much attention to advertising. The small amount of exposure I have had to their current campaigns has confused me, so I largely ignore it. Shift? WTF does that mean? Shift what? Especially in a world where 95% of cars are sold with automatics...now if it was Alfa Romeo...that would make sense to me (until the 90's, Alfa had a strict policy of only offering cars with manual.) If I want some information on an automotive product, I rely mostly upon a very broad, all inclusive survey of auto journalism, consumer feedback, and hearsay/rumors/opinions, not advertising.

9. Y2KSESteve

Y2KSESteve Doggy style or no style OT Supporter

1. I've owned three Nissans, thats it. Each car was awesome.
    2. The torque as well as top end with the Variable Intake - 2000 Maxima
    3. NA
    4. Sales ploy.

10. Seeker

Seeker Brofessional OT Supporter

They are the most exciting out of the Japanese big three(Toyota, Honda, Nissan). Nissan tries to give their cars a sporting edge, and are doing a pretty good job.

I have a 1999 Maxima. My favorite part about it is the engine. The VQ is a wonderful motor, and it's never failed to put a smile on my face. My only regret is that it's an automatic.

3. If you do not own a Nissan, would you buy one? (specify model) Why or why not?

To me, the new "Shift_" campaign looks like Nissan is really trying to turn around from it's near-bankrupt state of a few years ago. They are trying to give drivers an emotional experience. Now Nissan is working on providing vehicles that are enjoyable to drive, just like in their glory days(late 80s, early 90s). With Carlos Ghosn at the helm, Nissan cannot lose. :bigthumb:

11. Mantis

Mantis Guest

have had trouble as far as an image is concerned. but have dug themselves out of it considerably well over the past couple years and re-establishing themselves as a premier japanese make like honda and toyota. more performance-oriented than the other two, but not quite there as far as quality and refinement (talking about the entire car, not just the engines coz some nissan engines are right up there if not better than comparable honda and toyota engines.)

n/a

like every make, there's some nissans i would definately buy, while others wont' even come into consideration. like i'd take the G35 coupe but would never consider a sentra.

definately makes a point that nissan is about performance. now all they have to do is convince everyone that their cars come with a level of refinement and a fit and finish to compete with honda and toyota, not to mention its european competition.

12. Dexteh

Dexteh Guest

Nissan. Not infiniti. Nissan.

I'd take a '93 300ZX TT or the '04 350Z track edition and never look back!

13. Mantis

Mantis Guest

oh, what was i thinking? infiniti isn't nissan. duh! :uh: :weak:

14. jdm_supra

jdm_supra Guest

1.It has gotten better over the years. They have a very well blanced line up of cars/ suv's

2. I don't own a Nissan, but i have worked at a Nissan dealer before. I find that there cars are a lot of fun to drive.

3. I like the:

-Altima SE 3.5 ( i believe that it is avaliable in 6 mt)
    - Sentra SER Spec- V had good power at a reasonable price.
    - Maxima is nice, but i preffered the older Maxima style (model 2001 -2003 year)

4. it sorta gets you intrested in their cars.