Nissan Titan

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by imsobored, Apr 27, 2007.

1. imsobored

imsobored New Member

Should i buy one? ive been looking at trucks for the last 2 months and have chosen the Nissan Titan 4x4 Crew cab LE.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

As much as I love those trucks, they're not built very well. They have drivetrain and brake-system failures up the wazooo.

3. imsobored

imsobored New Member

4. American SuperBeast

American SuperBeast New Member

< not too fond of foreign trucks but i never heard of anything wrong with them go for it

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

my buddy had one for about a month and traded it in on a Ram. I drove it. it felt pretty sissy to me.

6. LabradorBoy

LabradorBoy OT Supporter

I thought the brake/ front end issues were all dealt with, no?

I am also considering buying one of these or a Tundra and appreciate any input.

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

The new Tundra is a joke. The put lots of marketing into what they beefed up (like the brakes and rear end) but there is already talk of a recall because the 5.7L engines are having issues. They also have the shittiest frame of any half-ton. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

The brake issues have been lessened but people still have issues. Basically the rotors warp and need replacement every 10k or so along with the pads. The 2008 trucks are getting bigger rotors and calipers so perhaps the MY08 trucks will fix that for good?

The rear end issues STILL exist. They took a Dana 44 design and then did their own rendition of it. So their axle isn't a true D44. It's just Nissan's impression of a D44. To make matters worse, the D44 isn't that strong of an axle, anyway. Dana and Nissan both say it's a "half-ton" axle... But I can't think of any other recent half-ton vehicle that's used it. Really, the only other user of a D44 in the past few decades has been Jeep -- and that is *not* a half-ton truck. Not in dry weight, or in towing ability.

The rear-end issue remains completely un-resolved.