Nissan Frontier..... Cool or not Cool?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by PC Principle, Apr 6, 2004.

?

Nissan Frontier.... Cool or not Cool?

1. Cool

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Not-Cool

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

I personaly like them. I might be buying one real soon w/ a crew cab. What do you all think?

2. N8

N8 This fucking guy.

Wait for the new model to come out in the fall.

The current 3.3L powered models (SC or not) are gutless and suck down the gas at an alarming rate. A good friend of mine bought one although he likes it, the power is definitely lacking. :hs:

3. JW2

JW2 New Member

I think they are the worst looking small pickup. They look like a cartoon.

4. Glennhuricane

Glennhuricane New Member

not cool at all

5. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

6. LUDECHRIS

LUDECHRIS Guest

I really like the truck. Hasn't given me any problems and does everything its supposed to . However, definitely wait for the 2005. It has some much needed improvements. While i don't think the gas mileage will improve, it will have a lot more power supplied by a 4.0 litre v6. It is also more spacious, and is a little bit more refined. Plus, the offroad package will now give you the option of adding a factory locker and bilstein shocks (much like the Toyota TRD package) The frontier/xterra are the last vehicles in the nissan line which desperately need the "power" makeover. I think once the 05 gets released it will definitely get a boost in its reputation, much like its bigger brother the Titan.

7. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

Id take one over a Toyota.

8. nissanpower

nissanpower I :heart: PeyPey

I have a 2000 crew cab, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I haven't had a single problem (just rolled over 55k). Sure, it's a bit underpowered, but it has enough to get the job done. I'm not racer-boy-X like a lot of people on OT, so speed/power isn't very important to me. It has enough balls to tow my little 2k lb. camp trailer, and that's enough for me.
    If I were you, tho, I'd wait for the '05. New engine, more room, much better looking.

9. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

A friend of mine who used to have a modded Dakota R/T sold it and bought a new, blown Frontier Crew Cab last Fall. It's not a bad truck at all.

He's getting ready to modify it this month with a smaller pulley, full exhaust, intake, chip, lift, wheels and tires.

He's also not too fond of the new model. It doesn't look as "futuristic" he says.

10. LUDECHRIS

LUDECHRIS Guest

Its nice to read some positive reviews for the fronty on OT. Usually everyone in the trucks forum bashes on it :)

11. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

Can't say I really care for it. Too get any decent power you need to buy the SC model. And with gas prices going as high as they are that can get kinda pricey.