Nissan 350z: Love it or Hate it?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Shahad, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Shahad

Shahad OT Supporter

On a local import site that I post on, a lot of the members have no love for the Z, and they give the most ridicolous reasons why. I was wondering if Offtopic loves or hates the Z. List your reasons and enlighten me :coolugh:

2. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

I just don't like it. I prefer it's more luxurious (and practical) cousin, the G35c

3. Virality

Virality New Member

I like it

4. 88rover

88rover New Member

I like it, but I do like the G35 better!

5. machine81

machine81 New Member

I'd rock one.

6. MR. Marti

MR. Marti New Member

it is a well built car that performs well for its price range. i think there is just too many of them on the road. i like how it drives but i wish it had a tiny bit more power.

7. americanwit

americanwit OT Supporter

it is not that well built of a car and its power is overrated. It handles well and has a great driving position but you can't see shit to the rear. Overall its decent but I would never buy one just because the fuckers can't hold an alignment and eat tires.

8. Shahad

Shahad OT Supporter

Nissan took care of that no problem and gave me new tires free of charge. Mine is a 2003 with minor bugs but Nissan has not given me grieft and even honors my extended warranty

9. cracka350z

cracka350z New Member

i love mine...goin on 2 years now. if ya dont like the power....make more!! mod the bitch...i did... and its alot more fun

10. hexadecimal

hexadecimal New Member

for around 30-35k? its a tank. its only putting out about 287 to the ground, and it weighs about 3200 pounds or more. power to weight ratio is somewhere around 11.14

my fc fully gutted weighs about 2500 pounds or close to, at 260bhp on a 13b-t rebuild power to weight ratio is like 9.61 it would pretty much put hands on the 350z and it costs about 2k, of course its an 87, but technically im getting more bang for the buck....

im not ragging on the 350z, im just saying its not worth the dough, looks neat tho

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  11. Scawt

Scawt New Member

They look good but they are heavy/slow and I'm glad I got an Evo instead

12. Shahad

Shahad OT Supporter

what mods you got? popcharger was cheap and so was the plenum, but the exhaust was expensive and other parts that I want dont look to cheap either :wtc:

13. archangel

archangel Active Member

Evo is faster and probably more fun to drive. But it looks ugly, 4 doors, and not as reliable.

350z maybe not faster, but looks better, and is all around better car and more reliable.

14. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

Your argument is so weak. First off, "looks" are completely subjective, so that whole argument is gone. Secondly, aren't there a bunch of Z's that had tranny issues? Yes. And how can you call a car which only seats 2 people and is worthless in the snow and other harsh conditions "better"?

You may now return to your Z forum with your tube sock slipped over your wanker.

15. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I think pretty much everybody would rather have a G35 coupe than a 350Z. It all comes down to wallet size.

16. deusexaethera

Perhaps the good sir would rather replace his transmission for free under warranty than drive a cop-magnet with no amenities.

17. americanwit

americanwit OT Supporter

They are a very nice looking vehicle, but they definitely have their large share of problems, see above owner, atleast the service department treated him well. I don't know where nissans QC has gone in some of their newer vehicles I think into the marketing budget.

btw I am a nissan technician

18. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

I dont like it, i don't like who builds it, i don't like its exterior, or interior, i don't like how its built for the US, or how everyone thinks its engine is 'torqey'.

19. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo New Member

G35 coupe > 350Z

20. deusexaethera

Well shit. I guess you won't be buying one.

What car do you like, if you don't like smooth lines and big engines?

21. Virality

Virality New Member

No amenities? what do you mean by amenities, because I'm pretty sure that if it's the definition I'm thinking of, it has them...

22. Shahad

Shahad OT Supporter

The first gen Z had some problems but they have been addressed and as far as I know, most people dont get grief from the dealerships, plus I've heard many bad things about the EVO reliability wise

23. americanwit

americanwit OT Supporter

lol people always have to bring in the evo, either way under the type of abuse I put my cars through I'd take an evo over the Z. Yes nissan dealers will definitely take care of you, ours certainly does (warranty coverage for multiple clutches in the same Z!) as opposed to mitsu. The evo is an another league performance wise, this is why I chose it. The Z is a decent car but I was personally appauled by its shortcomings when I started working on them. We try to recommend a 5k alignment schedule, that is ridiculous

24. deusexaethera

It's probably too heavy for its suspension, like my Passat is. It's a pretty bulky car, compared to most asian imports.

25. deusexaethera

I guess our definition of amenities are different, then.

The guy who works in the cube next to me has an Evo. the seats are hard as rocks, the stereo sucks, there's no GPS, and the power is too jerky for my taste.

The 350Z makes a good amount of power (to be honest, I don't know the exact spec), its inertia smooths out the power output, and the suspension is just soft enough that it doesn't catapult itself over the shallow potholes that we have in NoVA (where the most recent layer of blacktop has chipped away, leaving a 2-inch dip in the pavement).