TAT Nipple Piercings...a few (not quick) questions

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by IreLynx, Aug 21, 2005.

1. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I've been wanting to get this done for many years, but I finally think I'm ready...however, I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to pain lol. I was wondering if there was anything out there I could use to numb them up a little so that it's not as bad. I know alot of people say it's just a quick intense pain and then it quickly subsides into just a burning feel, but I don't want another episode like the third time I had my ears pierced. :noes:

I'm allergic to nickel so the 18k gold the first time gave me a bad reaction & I had to let them close; went back when I was 6 to have them done again with 24K & I had to take them out due to a reaction & let them close; the third time (10yrs old) I only had the courage to handle the one ear & couldn't go through with the other one until a later date, at which point I had to remove them again after 6mo since they were giving me a reaction again & they weren't healing b/c of it. I had them redone again at 12yrs & b/c all the places around here use gold I had a reaction, but I kept them in & it took 2yrs to heal them enough to switch jewelry. Anyways, that's not really the point of this thread. Looking back on it those probably didn't hurt anywhere near what I made it out to be when getting the pierced.

I know the nipples are going to be a tough one to accomplish, but I want to do it in the hopes that b/c I want them enough maybe I'll be able to overcome some of my fear of needles and pain lol. However, I don't want to find that I'll be able to handle one & then be so prepared for the pain of the other one that I won't be able to go through with it because I'll know what's coming. I hate being asymmetrical with anything to the point where I'll do what I need to in order to be even...but I don't know if that determination will be enough to battle my thoughts of "you won't be able to go through with the second one." :hs:

Such a long post for a small question. So can anyone point me in the direction of something I can do to lessen the initial pain? I've thought about just focusing on something else, but I have a feeling I'd be too distracted by what was about to happen. If anyone wants to share some good experiences to ease my nervousness, please do lol. It'll be about a month before I can actually get them done. We've already been in the shop a few times and my fiance had his nips done there Friday; everyone was really nice and funny. I felt really comfortable there & the piercer was nice and she has 8 years of experience (she's not much older than I am lol), so none of that is an issue. It's just my own doubts that hold me back...I want to get this done damnit! I've waited long enough. :rofl:

Sorry for the long post. To sum it up:

What can I do to make the pain less noticable while she's piercing them?
    and...
    If you had yours pierced (females only) and had a good experience, please share it...hearing about the good ones makes me feel less nervous. :x:

2. quickone

quickone New Member

OFFTOPIC! but do you own a beretta?

3. Nefarious77

Nefarious77 Guest

have you thought about trying silver or stainless steel in your ears?

4. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Yea, I put in sterling silver earrings every once in a while since they're a bit more tolerable. I have a couple pairs of surgical steel ones, but they're blue...not sure if they're anodized or what, but whatever coating is on them was worse than my reaction to nickel. I haven't tried just normal surgical steel yet though.

Off topic: Yes I do own one & you'll be the second person who has snuck up on me here. I really need to start using different names for each forum I post on. :rofl:

5. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

why not try titanium?

6. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I haven't been able to find anything in titanium or normal surgical steel in an 18g.

Anyways, this thread is about nipple piercing (not really about the jewelry), which would be 14g surgical steel, which I shouldn't have a problem with.

7. quickone

quickone New Member

haha...it's all good. I won't tell;)

8. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I got my nipples pierced last week using 12g titanium. The pain really isn't unbearable. It was painful though. Just think of the pain as "earning" the piercing. I briefly thought about only doing one that day(after getting the first done, lol) but quickly realized that the pain would be over so quickly, i may as well do it. 4 breaths, that's it. 1 for each needle, then the 2nd for the jewelry going in. And they're so shiny!

I strongly recommend using titanium as your jewelry choice, it's good stuff. :) If you have any questions, don't hesitate to IM me, i'm always online, even if i'm not at my pc

9. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

As long as the pain is tolerable I should be okay lol. I'm hoping for an adrenaline rush or something so that I won't notice the pain as much. I know it'll be worth it in the end, it's just one fairly high hurdle to leap. :)

She pierces with 316L, so that's what I'd end up with. She prefers to do CBR's, but I'm going to request straight barbells instead (they look so much better imo). I may have to go through with this sooner than I had planned; I'm so nervous & excited over it every time I think about it that my stomach does flips & I don't know if I can put up with 4wks of butterflies. :rofl:

My fiance had his done at a 10g, but he's a guy so they had to go behind the nipple, and they say that it's worse for guys b/c of that...so his experience could be completely different than mine. Of all of the experiences I've read about it seems to b 50/50; some didn't feel much at all or rated it as fairly tolerable for pain, while others said it hurt like hell lol.

10. Laurel

Laurel New Member

If you prefer, she has no reason not to pierce you with titanium, and considering your allergy history, I'm going to say that titanium is the best option for you.

From what i've read, barbells tend to have a lower migration rate as well. Stick by what you want, if she's not willing to pierce you according to your preferences, then someone else will. :)

11. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

if you have problems with nickel then ask her to do it with 316L, if she wont do it then go somewhere that will. why take a chance with a reaction?

12. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

That's the only thing she pierces with; 316L. She sells a variety but will only pierce with 316L, which is good. I prefer not to take a chance with anything that could give me a reaction, and if 316L is good for people with nickel allergies, then it's good that's what she pierces with. :big grin:

Thanks for your input. I'm going to stick with her since she uses that to pierce; I'm sure she'll have no problem doing it with straight barbells instead of CBR's. It's the only shop I would trust around here and I felt immediately comfortable with the place and the people when I first stepped foot in there on Friday.

13. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

Straight bar bells look really good on girls. I have had my 14 gauge horse shoes for about a year now. I dont think the pain was that bad, but then agian I had my RPA done at the same time too. lol I have more pain from not keeping up with them right. If i get hit in a sports game with a ball it twsts the nipple and that hurts. It usually tears a bit and if you dont clean it right it will get infected, but not to the point where you have to remove them. Salt water also plays hell on mine. I really like the way they look so I refuse to take them out.

14. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

the problem is that titanium is BETTER for people with nickel allergies than 316L. there's no reason for her to not pierce with it. tell her to do some research and she'll learn that its better.

15. Laurel

Laurel New Member

i eat a quick snack right before being pierced, and have some juice or gatorade on hand to keep me sane. :)

16. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Ahh, i see what you're saying. You had said in your previous post that if I have problems with nickel to ask her to do it with 316L...I'm assuming you meant to ask her not to do it with that.

I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem ordering a set of titanium ones for me then. I haven't really talked to her about anything yet. My fiance did when he was getting his done & that's when she told him that she pierces with 316L. When I finally get a chance to talk to her again I'll mention what I'd like done & used; I'm positive it won't be a problem.

It's just probably going to be at least 4wks before I get a chance to get it done now though. Apparently she ended up in the hospital after we left on Friday. :(

17. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

oh fuck, i didnt even realize thats what i typed. i meant to say get it done with titanium. my mistake.

18. Airpoppoff

Airpoppoff Vodka > Racing F1

once again, laurel

durrrr... seriously buttons, do you ever proofread?!L>?!??!?!??!!?

:p

-once again, drunk

19. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

you can get titanium in 18g. I was going through my piercers cataloge today for some new jewelery.

the nice thing about titanium, it comes in a WIDE range of colors without needing dyes.

20. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I'll have to look through the magazines while we're down there next time. Maybe I'll be able to find something I like. :)

I'm hoping she's doing okay & will be back soon; I'll just have to stop by every friday after work to see how she's doing and if she'll be back to piercing anytime soon. When she does finally get back into it I can ask her all my questions and talk things over with her. I'm sure I'll post an update here on my experience when I do finally get the chance to have it done. :)

21. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

sorry, i was too busy admiring the picture of your nipple :noes:

22. Yukonart

Yukonart Active Member

Yessir. Been doing lots of that, lately. :bigthumb:

23. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

It would be done on the way hom from work; it's an hour drive home & the piercers is on the way. I'll just have to bring some snacks (goldfish crackers lol) with me since we eat at noon & wouldn't reach the shop till 6pm; they have water on hand.

24. Laurel

Laurel New Member

:squint:

25. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

We're going to the shop this comming Friday. :big grin: :noes:

I'm getting my nipples pierced and my fiance is getting another tattoo; one drawn by me (I feel special lol). :wiggle:

I was also told to create some sheets of my work & they'll see about buying some of my work. All of these things have helped to somewhat counter-act all of my repair bills that seem to be racking up...damn car...it's a good thing I like my car, or else all of its belongings would be out on the street. :rofl: