TAT nipple healing time?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by xoolinzyoox, Jul 21, 2005.

1. xoolinzyoox

xoolinzyoox New Member

So i got my nipples peirced on 6-23 .... they still hurt, and crust. i expected that. but my peircer never told me how long to wait to change the jewelry... there are rings in right now, and i would like to change to curved barbells asap. How long should i wait to change them?

2. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

you should take them out and forget about it

3. utanthony

utanthony New Member

dont listen to him :o

you should leave the cbr's in for a couple of months. they are the easiest to clean, so youll have a better chance of them not getting infected.

however, if they really are bugging you, i would go back to your piercer and have him switch them out

4. xoolinzyoox

xoolinzyoox New Member

well despite the 1 serious comment i got... i changed them today, no biggie.

5. just another guy

just another guy Active Member

I want to get mine and have read on them. Healing time is 1/2 a year to a year. By changing them, you probably just reset the healing time.

6. Bella

Bella New Member

IT takes 9 months to heal correcty if you clean them correctly. Wait 4 months till you swap out the rings. I just recently took mine out but plan on getting them repierced. Have fun with them I loved them!!!

7. deathbystereo

deathbystereo New Member

good job! i wrote a serious reply but then realized you changed them. haha. oh well.

8. Playful1

Playful1 New Member

I got mine done in January of this year. I was told it takes about 9 months as long as you clean them and take care of them. Its now going to be Aug and I have noticed as the months went by the crusty stuff gets less and less.

I haven't had any soreness with mine. I did notice that I had a lot of puss around the 4th and 5th months, I just kept cleaning them twice a day. Now going into month 8 I am cleaning them once a day.

The guy that did mine said to wait till they are at the point when I only have to clean them once every other day I can changed them out.

If they were bothing you its good that you changed them but like it was said before you most likely restarted your healing time so keep that in mind when it seems like it is taking a little longer to heal

9. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

I had mine for less than a year, :(, but they only got crusty for a few months then I would only clean them every few days. I didn't bother to change them because I picked some jewelry that I liked when they got pierced.

I want to get mine re-done soon though, :)

10. Sancho

Sancho New Member

GF was having problems with rings changed to barbells and things went much smoother
    :)

11. firestarter810

firestarter810 New Member

Hmmm...was going to ask about this very subject.

I have very small nipples, so when I got mine pierced, the piercer put the ring through my areola (sp?) on either side of my nipple.

A year later, with proper cleaning, I was still getting pus and such. I just got frustrated, so I took them out.

But now I miss them, and would like to get them dome again. My Questiona are a) since it goes through my areola, and not my actual nipple, is this the cause of my poor healing? Will getting them redone just result in the same thing? and b) just to be sure, what is the proper aftercare?

12. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

a) no, mine were still pussing occationally after 1 year. Mine went through my areola as well. I noticed mine were leaking when they would be ruffed up.

b) warm water sea/epson salt soaks. fill a shot glass (or tea cup depending on how fair you are), and hold it over 2x daily for 15 mins for the first 2-3 weeks. also don't play with it, and keep all mouths off of it for atleast 2 weeks (preferably 4). I had a nasty habbit of playing with mine. :nono:

13. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

I've had mine done for a few months now. Crusting is down to a minimum, and they only hurt if I don't wear a bra with enough support. Otherwise they're great. I did the shotglass/salt water thing and it worked well... although standing in the bathroom for 20 minutes swishing my boobs around got tiring.

My piercings go through my areola as well... I thought they all did. The only time they look like a "normal" pierced nipple should is when they're hard. Otherwise it looks like soft nips with rings in them :dunno:

14. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

There are some fair women who are able to have it go right through the nipple

15. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I'm pretty sure mine go through the nipple. Healing has been a breeze. It's been about a month, and the crusting has nearly stopped already. :shrug:

16. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Typically they go through your areola if you have small nipples. As long as your nips are big enough then they should be through the nipple itself. From what I've been told it's more painful to go through the areola, which is why it usually hurts worse for guys to get nipple piercings.

17. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

females almost always go through the nipple. theirs are typically bigger.

as for mens hurting more, its due to having more nerve endings. womens nipples are built for suckling babies, mens arent.