TAT Nipple Healing Question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by phigity, May 10, 2004.

1. phigity

phigity New Member

i've had my nipples pierced for like 3 years now and the right one still gets a little crusty once in awhile. is this normal? should i take it out and try again later? any suggestions would be helpful!

2. ronin11

ronin11 New Member

i'd imagine this would be normal.. i havent had mine done for that long, no where near it.. but i can imagine that you can expect this to some degree.. espcially if you have a tendancy to bump them and get them caught on stuff..

i think if you are really worried.. go and get your pierceist to have a look.. or your doctor.

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

theres no need to turn the jewelry, by doing that all you're doing is irritating the inside of teh piercing, just give them some sea salt soaks twice a day and they should be fine

4. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Im going on 2.5 years here and still get the occasional crust and sometimes after a lot of play or a roughness, it can even get inflammed and pissed off. Sea Salt soaks do a great job, even after the healing is done, for maintenance.

5. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

i still get occasional "crusties" on my ear piercings (more like tiny amounts of white gunk). i only notice them when i turn the jewelry... i think it's dead sking cycling off of my ears.

6. phigity

phigity New Member

well thats good to hear that other people are having this happen also. i just thought it was weird b/c it was only the right one and it happens about everyday. it's fine after i get out of the shower but when i wake up or late at night then it's crusty. oh well.

7. plasticdwarf

plasticdwarf Guest

Weird...i've had my nipples done for about 4 years now and mine never get crusty. I wear barbells thou maybe thats why.

8. phigity

phigity New Member

yeah i think i'm gonna go and buy some in the near future.

9. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I wear straight barbells too. "Leftie" still gets a little crusty from time to time. Its normal.

10. awsangel1

awsangel1 Guest

yea thats normal, dip a qtip into ear cleaning solution or bactine and clean it before bed...dont rotate the ring through your piercing until its clean tho or else whatever is on teh outside will get into the inside and it could get infected