Nintendo Ds/Dsi crew v. must have games?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Genius/GZA, May 27, 2009.

1. Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA OT Supporter

just got a black dsi for 120 from craigslist:hsd: and ordered an acekard 2. so i was wondering what were the best games out. i like all types of genres but not really into rpgs but ill try it.

2. clover

clover Lucky in life

Zelda, Mario Cart,

3. mdisen

mdisen OT Supporter

GTA: CTW, Chrono Trigger, The World Ends With You, get Pictobits with your free DSiware points.

4. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy 3 ( FF4 if you like heavy grinding for minimal improvement, hard as hell game. FF3 is easier and a new adventure if you never got the nes version)

All the castlevania games

From the Abyss (dungeon crawler, period, not a good story but good fun)

I guess they're all rpgs, but you just can't miss the castlevania games, they're fucking awesome, each of them. CT is the best RPG ever (and pretty easy, you won't be grinding ever in this game pretty much, you can lowlevel the whole game pretty easily [that is, if you really hate the gaining levels thing] and it has an excellent combat system)

The FF games are kinda meh on the ds, I didn't really like any of them, rather play snes FF's..I wouldn't say you're missing out if you don't get any of the ff games. Other people may disagree but I have my own personal reasons, and they're not very good ones.

I'm not into much other than RPG's, rather, I need a leveling system of sort at least in a game or I don't like it. I hate starting the game out just as strong as you'll be at the end. (this isn't set in stone, just preference, currently playing Resident Evil 2 [i can't beat the game in an hour, seems %100 impossible to me :o been playing for ~8hrs and still pretty much lost] and you don't level there)

5. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

castlevania, especially dawn of sorrow and whatever the new one is (portrait of ruin was meh)

new super mario bros.
    chrono trigger
    zelda: phantom hourglass
    mario kart
    professor layton and the curious village
    advance wars: dual strike
    phoenix wright games
    kirby squeak squad

6. DaninTexas

DaninTexas OT Supporter

I used to have alot of games. Now I only have Disgaea DS. I haven't had my DS off in about 5 months now. I just close it into stand by mode. Charge it every night. Disgaea DS has hundreds and hundreds of hours to it. Its very similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. But on crack

7. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

I liked the Etrian Odysseys but they are pretty brutal