Nintendo DS crew: Izuna Legend of the Unemployed Ninja

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Boomdart, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Mixed feelings about this one.

The controls are so fucked up and enemies and npcs only move when you move, but they always move. You have to actively "Skip" or chase down who you want to talk to, and the game does not have the free walking around motion of a game like Secret of Mana, it's on a grid you can't see so controlling the main character is a huge pain in the ass.

The attack system is odd but manageable. Unlike SoM-type games you don't get to run around swinging your sword as much as you want. When an enemy is next to you you're pretty much trapped by it. Because they move when you move you won't be able to walk away from it. You take a hit, it takes a hit. Repeat until hopefully you don't find out he's too strong for you.

There are items you can use and throwing weapons and such, but you can only hold about 20 items at a time and objects do not stack. You have to be slick with your inventory items. As far as I can tell you can only equip a weapon and no armor, as I haven't found any armor yet.

The story is fine though, it's a little off beat but it had me laughing at a few points so far.

The game started out really hard in the first dungeon and I was going to complain about difficulty, but the second dungeon wasn't as tough. If you die you don't get a game over, but it saves as soon as you die and you're dragged back to the inn. You also lose every item you have and all your money when you die, so you'd want to keep plenty of extra crap in your storehouse for when you die and have to enter the same dungeon again.

Overall, if you're a very patient gamer it's a pretty good game. I know it's a few years old now, but I'm just getting to it :o I'm only about 2hrs in.

2. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Game is getting funnier

but god damnit the difficulty is outrageous, and losing all your god damn stuff is getting on my nerves.

randomly created dungeons too, you don't return to the same dungeon you died in :o

3. Sonic_Fan

Sonic_Fan 恐ろしい Member

Fucking hated this game. I'm not too fond of dungeon crawlers and this one didn't even change my opinion about them. The bitch deserves to be unemployed.