Nine Inch Nails concert = omfg

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Fiya, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Fiya

Fiya Guest

So two nights ago I went to see NIN. I wasn't even expecting to go see them, but a friend of mine called me up after 6 months and said he had a spare ticket, and I wasn't about to pass that shit up!

Peaches, and Bauhaus opened.

Ok, so one thing I didn't know before I got there that I thought was really awesome was Twiggy (formally of Marilyn Manson, twice removed, then joined A Perfect Circle) is NIN's new bassist apparently. So I got to see his gangly ass in action for the first time as well.

The concert started out kind of bland really, just loud noise and no real hard vibe, you know. But man did it kick in by the time he played 'Terrible Lie' He played a lot of songs off The Fragile, and I was really surprised by that...

The visuals were really awesome. I don't know if any of you have ever seen NIN in concert but it's about the equivalent to Tool, but NIN, respectively. lol.

The guitarist, I can only imagine was Robert Finck, was off the wall knocking shit over and breaking shit the whole show (completely intentionally.) An outrageous personality for sure.

Anyways, Only was good, Closer was good, Bite the Hand That Feeds rocked my socks but the highlight of the whole show was the ending songs. Hurt, and then Head Like a Hole. Head Like a Hole was awesome because he backed off for every chorus and you could hear the crowds ominous roar of lyrics plain as day and the energy was just intense. When he sang 'Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve,' everyone had their hands in the air, it was almost militant, but just so intense.

Then at the end of the show, Robert Finck finally boiled over from sheer energy/intensity, I think. Trent Reznor knocked his mic off the stand in a rush off the stage and Twiggy and Finck then started bashing guitars all over the remaining equipment. OMG.

So now, I'm so torn because I think this concert was better than any Tool concert I've seen, and man do I love the shit out of Tool.

:bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

2. LifeBurnsFaster

LifeBurnsFaster New Member

Aaron North is the current guitarist, and i believe Jeordie White(twiggy) is the bassist

NIN in concert:bowdown:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  3. nickgonzo

nickgonzo oh ya

ya bad ass concert

4. mr. smiley

mr. smiley New Member

I saw NIN last summer in Finland, ROK!

5. ::gepology::

::gepology:: whose got the brain of jfk...

i saw them for the first time this past november, one of the best shows ive ever witnessed. i thought they were way better than tool to be honest.

6. Zeromancer

Zeromancer Pampita's Love Slave

I saw them for the first time this year.
    :bowdown:
    amazing concert

7. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

man I dont think I've even listened to NIN since 97/98...It'd be interesting to see what they are like now. Bauhaus sounds pretty cool though. I saw them back in 2000, it was pretty cool, I thought I'd never see them live, are they still playing with peter murphy?

8. motivez

motivez New Member

I saw them back I guess in 95? When they were touring for Downward Spiral with Bowie.. fucking amazing concert. I have yet to be to one that compares to the atmosphere and intensity of it.. though I haven't been to all that many concerts I suppose :o

9. LordOvenMitt

LordOvenMitt New Member

Saw them in June. Fucking awesome.

I think the most powerful song as far as intensity goes was "You know what you are" because if a crowd full of people screaming "Don't you fucking know what you are?" isnt crazy as hell, I don't know what is.

Something I can Never Have was very good, as well.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  10. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I've seen NIN in concert 5 times, and I'm jealous as hell that you got to see Peaches/Bauhaus open for them.

11. LordOvenMitt

LordOvenMitt New Member

Bauhaus was pretty good. Kinda goofy at times, though.

12. Fiya

Fiya Guest

werd! lol

The guy pulled out a saxaphone and I was like WTF??!
    Where the hell does a sax fit into german industrial?? :mamoru:

13. Fiya

Fiya Guest

I got pix :cool:

14. LordOvenMitt

LordOvenMitt New Member

The chain was awesome! I loved it.

15. LordOvenMitt

LordOvenMitt New Member

And that weird ass bamboo stick he kept throwing around randomly. The show I was at, he threw it straight back and hit his drummer.

16. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

How was Peaches? Did she have a funny DJ with her?

17. Fiya

Fiya Guest

Well she puts on a good show, that's for sure. I hadn't heard of her before the concert, and came home and downloaded some of her music and was like :ugh: . She had a DJ of sorts, more like a synth player with some fun toys :cool:

18. Fiya

Fiya Guest

:rofl: Wouldn't doubt it. They're such playboys lol. The guitarist looked like a Billy Idol wannabe, and the bassists mink fur vest was about ridiculous. Hahah...

19. LordOvenMitt

LordOvenMitt New Member

:rofl: I know!! The outfits were priceless. Despite their goofy appearance they still did put on a good show. :bigthumb: