A&P Nikon School coming to Washington DC in Nov - worth it?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Wobistdu, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

You can take their 2nd tier class for $159 which is an 8hr one day session. It goes over a lot of stuff.

Has anyone done this? I wonder if it's worth it.

Topics covered:
    • Getting the best color through in-camera processing and menu settings
    • How to make the most of RAW format images, and maximize a workflow built around RAW
    • Importance of subject placement (spatial relationships)
    • Tripods
    • Understanding how the qualities of light - quantity, range, size and color - affect photos and how to make the most of them
    • Learning to control and modify light
    • Flash - from fill and bounce to a live demo of Nikon's Creative Lighting system and multiple flash units. Includes how to use gels to match ambient light or create new looks
    • Using the download process to add valuable metadata
    • Color management: from camera to print
    • Live demo of Nikon Capture NX 2 focusing on advanced editing features
    • Resizing, sharpening and soft proofing for output
    • Backup and Archiving
    • Understanding the process of telling a story with photos, and then bringing that story to life through a slideshow

2. Professor Chaos

Professor Chaos New Member

I'd guess that most of those topics can be self-taught either by experience or using free online resources. The price is pretty cheap but I guess it's up to you if you want to spend the money having someone walk you through learning those processes instead of spending the time to do it yourself.

3. Kappa00

Kappa00 Pizza

:x:
    :werd:

4. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

yeah but you're paying for what would hopefully be an experienced photographer who knows every nikon camera teaching you.

i was hoping someone here took a class with them and had feedback. i taught myself light room 2 and photoshop, but a class would have been beneficial. they always offer good tricks/suggestions

if i don't do this, might ask some photographer i know to give me a few hours of instruction in his studio

5. bakinbits

bakinbits -This Space for Rent-

When/where? I *might* be interested.

6. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest