A&P Nikon Lens, Paypal, USPS drama, what should i do

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by pl_silverado, Dec 22, 2008.

1. pl_silverado

pl_silverado OT Supporter

Ok, so i bought a Nikon 18-200 on ebay on Nov. 17th. I have still not received it. I paid via paypal too :hsd:

I emailed the seller and he was more than helpful, he filed a claim with USPS. Thank god the package was insured, however im not happy that he didn't request a signature.

Should i wait for USPS to finish whatever the fuck they're doing to get my money or should i go ahead and file a claim with paypal too. Its now over a month later and im out a few hundred bucks, and have no lens to show for it.

I just sold my D90 too, so now the only thing i have to use on my D300 is a 50mm f/1.8 & f/10.5 2.8.

2. legendr34

legendr34 Titanium Member

"The Uniform Commerce Code clearly states the seller's obligation to the buyer ends when the seller delivers the merchandise to any shipper for shipping. You now have proof the shipper had the package (by the logged information) and if the buyer did not receive it, they must file a claim with the shipper. It is not your obligation to do so. PayPal must resolve the claim in your favor."

http://reviews.ebay.com/HOW-TO-RESP...IVED-quot-SCAMMERS_W0QQugidZ10000000003823402

you should file a claim, but the seller may win

3. Spurious

Spurious New Member

And THIS is why I buy from Amazon.

4. pl_silverado

I would have ordered from B&H,
    However at the time i bought it, eBay had the 25% off live cashback, and i had a 10% off coupon too use too :bigthumb:

5. mestizo

mestizo New Member

If USPS is jerking your around, it can't hurt to file a claim with Paypal so they're in the loop. :dunno:

If the seller is telling the truth, its not his fault USPS lost the package. That being said, who sends a fucking lens USPS? :wtf: You gotta realize the volume of shit getting mailed this time of year.

6. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Did he provide the shipping information? Generally its up to you receiving it to file the claim with the shipper. Get the info from him and follow up with USPS.

However, I have to say, getting claims filled with USPS absolutely sucks all kinds of balls. I've had things get damaged in shipping and it was a huge fight with USPS to get it covered and it usually took months (4-6).

Its why I never ship anything of value with USPS any longer, FedEx or UPS as they both will settle claims pretty quickly and reliably.

Good luck.

7. pl_silverado

i wish i had paid with my credit card for that purchase :wtc:

8. AmosBanks

AmosBanks New Member

You can't lose by filing a claim. PayPal freezes the disputed amount from the seller's PayPal balance (drafts the sellers bank account if necessary) until the claim is resolved. I sell a lot on eBay so I know!

9. pl_silverado

^ well i sent him an email stating thats what im going to do, although i'd rather avoid it. im awaiting his response.

fuck ebay and paypal, im driving to b&h and paying cash next time.