A&P Nikon D100

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by #43, Jan 25, 2004.

#43 Guest

Anyone here using this camera or have any first hand experience with it? Been reading up on it and considering pick one up next week. I want to stay with the Nikon so I can use some of my F100 lenses.

Or any good links to read more about it?

Thanks.

2. TylerTX

TylerTX :noes:

If you are interested in this camera, you may want to wait for/look into the new D70 Nikon just announced. Its going to have practically all the D100 features but be hella cheaper.

3. Merli

Merli gplus.to/merli OT Supporter

Yes, but it's made out of plastic, just like the Canon 300D, and only has internal flash capabilites upto 1/60 sec (Very weak flash)...

I wouldn't say it was a better camera than the D100.. It's an obviously lower quality camera with newer features.

4. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

:mamoru:

5. Merli

I was talking about the D70, not the D100 :hs:

6. Merli

:uh:

7. uflathead

uflathead Guest

WRONG!
    The speedlight is also rated at 1/500th of a second. Several people at DP Review emailed Nikon and have gotten emails back stating that it is in fact 1/500th flash sync for the speedlight and an external flash.

8. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

what does the flash sync have anything to do with the flash power?

9. uflathead

uflathead Guest

10. Merli

Jesus mate... Calm down there... Did you feel smart by quoting a website there? :ugh:

That was a little rude...

11. Merli

I assumed that the flash sync had to do with how powerful the flash was, so that if the flash was weak, it wouldn't return enough light to the camera in time for the faster shutter speeds, hence the slow flash sync max.

But I was wrong, it's actually a limit of the mechanical shutter (e.g. 1/180sec on the D100)... The way the D70 is able to have a 1/500 flash sync is because it uses an "electronic shutter" operation on the CCD...

Here's a good link that I found: http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=007DRG

12. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

:) glad you figured it out. so does the d70 just use an electronic shutter instead of the mechanical shutter? :dunno: im too lazy to look it up.

13. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

although merli was wrong, i dont see how your retort explains anything. essentially, you are saying the d70 has a powerful internal flash.

merli thought the sync speed had something to do with the guide no. on the flash. rather than explaning that, you rambled on about how speedlights have different sync speeds.

you are the new :mb:

14. uflathead

uflathead Guest

Jesus, do you guys know anything about photography?:ugh:

My response answered all there was to answer: the D70 has a 1/500th flash sync for both the speedlight and an external flash. That answered everything, not nothing you you claim. It has NOTHING to do with how powerful the flash is. It means that you can shoot with a faster shutter speed and still be synced correctly with the flash, that is all! The higher flash sync comes in handy when you're using your flash in the daytime for fill light but still want sharp images with a fast shutter speed.

Merli was wrong and I was merely pointing it out. I didn't ramble at all.:slap: And if you pull your head out long enough to read my post again you'll notice you're incorrect in stating that I said speedlights have different sync speeds. I said both are capable of being used at up to 1/500th sec.

I don't like it when people spread misinformation about anything, even more so if I really know what I'm talking about. He came in and posted like he knew all about the D70 vs. the D100 and then posted false information. As for you, please don't try to say I said something, when I didn't.:rolleyes:

15. jTranz

jTranz Lost in Translation

16. fade

fade tie your shoe bitch

1) :uh: of course the flash synch doesnt have anything to do with flash power.

2) different flash sync compared to the internal flash :slap:

3) i was arguing on a technicality

4) you didn't answer anything, you merely stated that the speedlights and external flashes have 1/500th sync. this has nothing to do with the internal flash strength (which merli did not understand when he made the post). you should have rather told him that flash power does not equal flash sync.

17. Merli

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Christ almighty you're a dickhead... This isn't the Off-Topic forum asshole, don't fucking talk to me like that. Go shove a lightpole up your ass you arrogant prick...

IL +1.

18. uflathead

uflathead Guest

Don't be an ignorant fuck thinking you know shit you actually don't and posting incorrect info, then you won't have to be corrected. Go find yourself a lightpole and shove it up your ass for being a fucking know-nothing tool that gets butthurt when he's corrected for posting wrong information. Talk about an arrogant asshat.:rolleyes: Maybe ignorant would be more appropriate for you than arrogant. :dunno: Either way don't post wrong info when you don't know what you're talking about in the first place no matter what fucking forum you're in. :greddy:

I've been into photography for over 17 years, starting in high school with photography classes that I took the entire 3 years and also being a photographer for the award winning highschool newspaper and yearbook, and I still have lots to learn. If I don't know something you won't see me saying otherwise and posting incorrect info claiming it to be right.

19. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

see sig

20. Sharpie87

Sharpie87 New Member

ok, now back to the disscussion... you guys think the D70 will be a better buy.. when is it supposed to come out?

21. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

Yes D70 will be a good buy. The most argued fact will be the D70`s plastic body compared to the D100`s metal body.

Supposed to ship End or March 2004

22. Kelvin96GSR

Kelvin96GSR OEM>YOU

I thought the D100 is also plastic?!

23. Kelvin96GSR

Kelvin96GSR OEM>YOU

yeah, I just confirmed that the D100 is also plastic with metal substructure just like the 300d/digital rebel.

24. 2jz

2jz New Member

the D100 is an entry level to pro-SLR body for ONE main reason...BEING ABLE TO WITHSTAND ABUSE. thats why most pro-slr's are so big and heavy, theyre tanks build to withstand different type of weather conditions and abuse. If the D100 is build the same way as the f100, the frame should be magnesium alloy. I shoot with canon and my 1v-hs frame is made from ONE solid piece of metal and it's a tank. some amateurs can justify getting the d70 over the d100 due to features (if there are any new ones, i don't keep update with nikon), but I don't think any pro would make that same choice.