A&P Nikon Crew: Angela knows jack

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Sympathy, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Sympathy

Sympathy OT Supporter

[y]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3XYMgZwWkHw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3XYMgZwWkHw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/y]

:o

2. Bloke

Bloke Banned

that wasnt too usefull, id like to see how to change the intensity (on my camera i just turn a dial and it changes the wireless flash intensity as i wish, without changing the exposure)

3. Sympathy

Sympathy OT Supporter

not only that, but the remote flash didn't even go off :o

4. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

CLS is too much clickitty-clack-clickitty-clack, I like walking up to my flashes and dialing them up/down myself.

5. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

It may have, but depending on the framerate of the camera it may have missed it on the frame it wasn't capturing.

6. Sympathy

Sympathy OT Supporter

it should have gone off at the same time as the onboard flash (which went off). :o

7. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

She had it set to 'ttl', so the flash would auto meter and adjust to the exposure based on what your camera needed. If you want to change the power of the flash, you can set it to manual in the camera menu, and change your flashes power from this menu.

no it shouldn't have. cls is based of of a series of preflashes. It's very likely you saw one of the many preflashes, and not the flash that corresponded with the shutter.

Not me. I like being able to stand where I'm taking the photograph, and within seconds, change the power of a flash and fire a test frame to see if I like the power. I can't see how anyone would prefer to have to walk to each flash they're using and adjust the power, then go back to their camera and fire, just to realize then mis-judged the flash power, and repeat.

The beauty of CLS is changing the power of each and every flash in a scene from one single location, which just happens to be built into your camera.

When you're using 3-4 lights in a scene and some of em are duct taped to ceilings and inside softboxes, manual changes become a HUGE pain in the balls.

8. pawis

pawis werd em up

just curious, is CLS RF, infrared, or triggered by on camera flash?

9. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

It's infrared, and can be controlled by the onboard flash if your camera functions as a commander, a speedlight that has commander abilities, or by a hotshoe IR commander.

10. pawis

pawis werd em up

ah ok, so thats why its line of sight(so ive heard). i noticed on nikons website they have a virtual demo, and they had one speedlight behind the model, so that would have to be triggered via the on camera flash?