A&P nikon coolpix 2000 settings question for night shots...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Fishbait, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Fishbait

Fishbait Guest

hello.. im totally new to this digital photography stuff.. thought i'd let ya know that right up front.. :)

anyways, got this nikon coolpix 2000 about a month ago and started playing around with it... at first i would always leave it on the 'best shot selector' setting (the red A thingy on the jog dial)... this appeared to work for most shots but didnt in others..

fast forward a couple weeks.. now, for some reason, when i have the camera in 'best shot selector' mode i get this flashing red hand on the screen and the manual tells me this means something like 'shot will be out of focus - tripod suggested' or some shit... i mean, NO MATTER WHAT, if that hand is flashing the pic is out of focus... :confused: also, when this hand is flashing the camera automatically turns the flash off.. so even if its a night shot inside a club or whatever i've got a flashing red hand and no ability to use flash..

so i've been using the camera in 'sunny day mode' on the jog dial or 'party shot mode' on the jog dial.. these both allow me to use the flash and don't give that blinking red hand.. HOWEVER.. 90% of my shots are all fucked up.. i get tracers from lights and the background is all out of wack.. its very strange.

the following are just two examples of what i'm talking about - these are pics taken on nye.. can anyone who has this camera provide some insight into what the hell i'm doing wrong?!

it appears to me like the shutter is staying open too long....? :dunno:

THANKS!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Neuman

Neuman Guest

sorry i dont have an answer, but i just wanted to say those people look Tossed.

grapeshot for life.

3. Fishbait

Fishbait Guest

:rofl:

:o

:eek:

:bigthumb:

4. Cr0mulent

Cr0mulent Werewolf: The Last Warrior

I have a coolpix 2500 and I suffer from the same problem. I've found the best way to take night shots is to put it in manual mode and play with the settings.

5. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

The red hand comes up because you're shooting in the dark with no flash or tripod. Change it to the manual setting.