A&P Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED AF Zoom

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by bioyuki, Jul 29, 2002.

1. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Anybody have this lens or know anybody who does. With a D100 it should come out to about 105-450mm. I'm kinda worried about distortion with this type of a zoom lens. Also its listing for 300 and I've seen prices as low as 230. Anybody know where I can get it for less?

I already have a Nikkor 35-80mm f/4-5.6D AF Zoom and my budget is set that the next lens I buy will probably be the last for at least a year or two. Therefore I'm thinking about the 70-300 lens. Any other alternatives out there?

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

I've got the Nikkor 35-80mm (nice lens) and for the telephoto I use a Promaster 70-300mm f/4-5.6 which is mated to my N80. The Promaster was much cheaper then the same Nikkor lense. I don't know what its current street price is.

I JUST did some horse photography for a friend. The horse owner/trainer person looked at me goofy and seemed concerned that the lens wouldn't be able to zoom in far enough (I was shooting out in a 5 acre pasture). I had the pics digitized when the film was developed. Let me know if you would like to see some pics of what this lens can do.