Nike Free shoes ("run barefoot")

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by IAMABALLER, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAMABALLER

IAMABALLER New Member

Has anyone gotten a pair to workout in? How are they for the gym/running in? I'm thinkng about getting a pair if people have had good luck with them.

2. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

I too am interested in these. I get $$ soon for a new pair of tennis shoes :o

3. is300eater

is300eater New Member

I tried a pair on the other day... and to me... they felt like my "old school" Converse... with just a little more padding. But I don't say that in a bad way, I was going to buy a pair, but I had just spent $100 on a pair of Oakley's... so I had to put it off for now.... I didn't care too much for the choice of colors thou...

4. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

You should be all hardcore and walk around with chuck taylors. :fawk:

5. toconnx

toconnx New Member

I haven't really read up on em, but if they're as light as the advertising compaign makes them seem, they're probably not great training shoes because they'd be too light. It's good for a shoe to be light, because too heavy of a shoe can put un-needed stress on your ankle and make running a bitch, but too light of a shoe and you dont get the added training-benefit of having some heft on your feet. They wouldn't be great racing shoes either because a racing flat would be considerably lighter. The only good part about them I can see is that if you're running through rain, they wouldn't become like 3 pounds each by soaking up an assload of water. If you run on trails, these shoes are right out because of lack of ANY support.

If you want a pair of gym shoes, buy some chucks for PL'in or just get a regular pair of running shoes / crosstrainers and avoid the fashion hype - this is my suggestion.

6. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

They say that they are not for everyday running. They are for increasing the strength of the foot and are only supposed to be used a few times a month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.