SRS Nightmares

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 04JETTA, Jan 31, 2009.

1. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

For the past 2 weeks ive been having nightmares at first I was just like w/e but then they started becoming more frequent and realistic I would wake up in bed thrashing at air yesterday I woke up and saw the girl from the ring reaching out of a picture I have on the wall towards me every dream I have is basicly the same I cant breath no matter how hard I try I just cannot get any air in some dreams I can feel my throat seal itself off for no reason until I suffocate and wake up Whats going on? Why do I keep having them? its starting to :noes: me out now

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Are you experiencing any type of "suffocation" in your actual conscious life? A stressful circumstance, or perhaps something that is slowly eating away at you?

It's just a shot in the dark, usually people who dream of suffocation repeatedly report events like this -- the feeling of the walls closing in, or being choked by a relationship, a job, or some stressful circumstance that they feel they can't control.

3. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

I feel like i'm being deprived of something I feel like theres something more for me does that make sense?

4. snoodles

snoodles New Member

maybe try relaxing yourself before going to sleep at night. perhaps breathing exercises/meditation to clear your head and relax your body for 5-10 minutes.

i would usually have messed up dreams and what not if i went to bed stressed or thinking about things. when i started clearing my mind before bed, i started getting peaceful, fuller, and deeper night's sleep.

5. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

i've always thought about things before I go to bed :dunno: helps me relax

6. snoodles

snoodles New Member

touche. i won't lie, sometimes thinking about random things helps me fall asleep too. :)

7. Pwen

Pwen Guest

Wake up. Best advice I could give you.

8. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Is this superficial -- a concern about life, meaning, goals? Are is it something more specific involving a person, or a career, or something you're trying to do but are being held back?

What do you think it is? Maybe brain strom, write down a list of things that just come to mind based on the subject "Deprived, and something more."

9. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

good idea i'll start 2moro getting tired going to bed thx for the advice

10. snoodles

snoodles New Member

sweet dreams (sincerely :))

11. Manythanks

Manythanks Stay humble, don't mumble.

You could try to empty your head - jot down everything on your mind before you climb into bed.

Get some exercise, cut out the caffeine, try to wind down 30 min before bed, etc.

But with Nightmares, I've been having them since I was a kid (now 24). Usually due to stress, excess energy, too much caffeine, etc.

I dream thoroughly pretty much every night. Take the good with the bad.

Best of luck.

12. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

ok I think I need to move out of my house gonna look fora job Mon. thanks again!!!

13. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

So that's what has been suffocating you? Living where you are now? If it is, the nightmares should stop once you think it over and make your decisions. See how it goes.