SRS Nightmares.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bear Klaw, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

I just had the worst one in my life. It woke me the fuck up. Any clue on to what cause these? I have only had a few in my life, so little, i dont remember the last one.

This one was a major one. Not a single subject of horror, but about at least 4 different touchy/serious subjects to me all twisted into the same plot/dream. I'm not a man to get scared, or sense emotional things. I am a pretty cold guy, but this one had me scared as shit, and all upset within my dreams based on the occurring situations. I don't think i could have ever thought of this plot awake, nor ever be this scarred in my life awake as i was in this dream..

Are nightmares a subconscious thought emerging through your dreams? What causes them? Any info would be welcome

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  2. Madeinchinamic

Madeinchinamic New Member

Could you post details on this nightmare? Nightmare are usually caused by your subconcious. Things that you feel guilty of. Or sometimes they're just freakin' random.
    Southeastern PA. Your from Philly?

3. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

My grandfather murdered someone and show up here with the police
    The dea was inside my house looking for pot plants
    All this whacked shit.

20 minutes away

4. cvgwpg

cvgwpg Guest

Normally with wacked out dreams that push you to the point that wakes you up, has much to do with current situations in your life.

I've read some about the study of dreams/nightmares and in many cases, it has to do with major things in your life. Changes in your life. Things that are currently impacting your life. Issues like changes in your job, your family, a new added stress in some part of your life triggers it.

Sometimes the images in your nightmare don't exactly paint what is happening in your life but it is symbolic.

Is there a level of stress in your life?
    Are you feeling guilt over something?
    Are you overwhelmed with any big change in your life?

With murder and drugs involved... is there anything that would be symbolic of it? or somewhat related?

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Most of the time people don't want to admit their fears to others, which is only natural in order not to show your weaknesses. But of course even you have fears, which you push to the back of your mind, and basically are recalled at night in form of nightmares. It has to do with your current situation, but it can absolutely mean nothing for your real life, it just seems that the body needs to analyze and compose possible threats out of the things that you experience, basically you are afraid that some of your secrets will be discovered, hence all the search warrents , and the police and dea showing up at your house wanting to search for these.

6. NormanNormal

NormanNormal Where it all ends I can't fathom, my friends...

I have had very few nightmares in my life as well. I think the last one I had was many years ago but I remember it being so horrifying it bothered me for a long time. It was so vivid like a lucid dream but I was not in control. It was just one horrifyingly terrible scene/dream after another. I do remember the dreams getting progressively better rather than worse but not by much. Thank god i don't have these often as I remember how terrible of an experience the others were.

7. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

It is your subconcious, metaphoricly forcing you to deal with certain issues.

8. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

The idea of the subconscious is dead in psychology (even in the psychodynamic or freud-inspired approach). Nowadays, dreams are seen as influenced by what you live (subjectively) during the day. These are called "daytime residue" and dreams could be a way to make various information go into the long term memory. The important thing to remember though is that there is no book of dream interpretation. The best thing to interpret a dream is the person's own free association on this particular dream where unconscious processes will be fully activated.

Here's an article about how suppressing a thought (which is an active process that needs much mental processing and thus we think MORE about it because this information is hyperaccessible) can lead to the thing being in our dreams : http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9C00EED61F31F930A15750C0A9629C8B63

I have an exam on that tuesday so OT actually made me study :eek:

9. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

In dreams, the trigger is random brain activity.

It can be representitve of problems you face, but only in very vauges senses as the activity makes no sense, so you brain attempts to figure it out.

10. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

On year during the Christmas season I began having awful nightmares.
    I would wake up from them 2 or 3 times a night. They where the sort of nightmares where you are scared to go back to sleep again.
    After like 4 nights of this I noticed something.
    I had put up Christmas lights. I was leaving them on all night. They could be seen from my bed.
    I turned the Christmas lights off.
    Problem solved.

11. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

thanks for the input