A&P Night club photography v.attnturbodude

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by hurleyint1386, Jan 17, 2009.

1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

So in a couple weeks, the place I'm interning with will be sponsoring a show at a club in Rochester. It's going to be a Lingerie event. I'm thinking about talking to them to see if I can shoot the event to get some experience. What kinds of things are there to know? I checked out your most recent post about using a 5D with 17-40L and 580EX which I have all available to me. I'd need to practice with the 580EX because right now I'm using a 540EZ in manual (it was free). Any tips on technique would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I should also be careful because there will be plenty of drunk people there. Does every person that get their picture taken insist on viewing the picture afterward? Also, is there a certain ISO you usually stay in? Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure some other OTAPers would be interested, right? :hsd:

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

ban for not posting pics already

3. oliver

oliver New Member

I usually show the people the picture after taking it, just incase they dont like it we can do a re-take. I'll also often take two myself to pick a better one later on in PP. I shoot at iso 800 (really has minimal effect when shooting with flash :o)

Drag the shutter!
    Aperture affects flash exposure and Shutter Speed affects ambient exposure.
    Keep your shutter at about 1/10- .5' you'll notice, depending on the venue of course, that you can capture the neon lights, strobes and lasers which add a nice touch. Diffusers come in handy because you dont want too much direct lighting causing harsh highlights.

have fun :wiggle:

4. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

:rofl: The event isn't for 2 weeks

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!