NFS Shift. What's the trick to drifting?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by forgotmyname, Feb 3, 2010.

1. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Bought a Rx-7 but can't get the drifting down for the life of me. Gas pedal plays a HUGE part along with angle but I can't quite get it.

ibForzafaggotts :coolugh:

2. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

you on pc or xbox?

i always switch to manual and keep it in a low gear, hold the throttle near rpm carefully, goose it when you think you're about to regain traction and counter steer and you should be able to easily drift on the drift races. I don't really know how to explain it, it felt pretty easy after it just "clicked" for me how the game wants you to control the car.

it'd be nearly impossible with a keyboard i'd imagine.

3. forgotmyname

I am on PS3 and I am using the Logitech DFP. I think I am going to have to increase the pedal sensitivity. Right now it is at 65%

4. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

I haven't gotten to drifting yet. I am avoiding that. Right now I am having issues with 'hot laps'. I want gold on hard.

I am playing on the PC. But I am thinking about restarting the game on the xbox.

Anyone know if there is an online crowd for this game on xbox live?

5. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

You know, I am having a terribly hard time getting into Forza 3. For the life of me, I think Forza 2 was a way better game.

6. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I played forza 3 once, I'm sure it's fine if you practice and whatever but first stepping into the game the cars are hard to control and the pedals are too sensative.

the drifting thing on nfss is pretty easy though, just put it on a low gear w/ a 5spd and you can drift easily, you'll learn to drift faster and get huge points.

my settings, roughly, i play with them a good bit depending on the car i'm using but this works for everything pretty well

steering - 15%
    accell - 10%
    brake - 10%
    steering sens - 5%
    brake sens - 5%
    speed steering sens 100%

7. forgotmyname

Those settings are useless for me. I use high 65% of accel, brake and steering.

8. Fareo

Fareo New Member

throw your controller at the wall, thats what i did. shit drifted half way across the house :o

9. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

:rofl:

I can't tell you how many controllers I threw at the wall when I played GT3 in the dorms at college. Fuckin shit would piss me the hell off, you'd be first place for like 10 laps and on the very last lap you just think you're half a lap in the lead. Then you get close to the finish line and mr. 2nd place has rocket boosters and he jets in front of you for a .002 second lead and the win :mad: Or it'd just be your fault and you'd fuck up right on the very last lap, coming in last place instead of first. Both were equally enraging.

10. forgotmyname

Never had a problem beating the AI.

My problem was with the time trials and golds on license tests.

I swear, once I was short of a millisecond in one of the license tests. I think the required time was like 2'50.000 and I got like 2'50.001 :mad: