Nextel Insurance Scam???

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rtevans86, Jun 2, 2005.

1. rtevans86

rtevans86 New Member

i have a buddy who has an i860 and i want one, the thing is he got a great deal on his... so my question is can you just claim insurance and pay for it for a month or so and then say you lost the phone... and get the new one from insurance??

Ryan

2. DINide

DINide New Member

there's a deductible your friend has to pay for his "lost" 860, if he does have the insurance...

and if you have a SIM to go in the 860, go for it.

3. rtevans86

rtevans86 New Member

thanks, do you have any idea how much it would be?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

remember that the SIM contains your account info, but the phone still has an ESN. I bet they record the ESN when a claim is made to prevent fraud. Perhaps they disable the phone, then? They can track it, you know.

5. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

I was just going ot suggest that. A friend of mine found a nice Sprint PCS phone on the ground. He was just going to take it to the Sprint store and use it instead of his old monochrome screen phone. They couldn't activate because it was reported as lost.

6. donniegood

donniegood New Member

wrong....nextel can't track esn's they won't insure a phone that has been stolen or claimed lost I know for a fact. Sprint and verizon are the only ones capable of blacklisting phones so please if you dont know what the fuck you are saying then don't tell people lies

7. rtevans86

rtevans86 New Member

so i can just get the phone that he claimed as "lost" and activate it myself? Since they cant blacklist it?

Thanks

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you're full of fucking shit. I know for a FACT that they track ESNs... And I know for a fact that MANY carriers besides sprint and verizon (tmobile, at&t, cingular, uscellular, etc) blacklist phones... so go in the fucking corner, suck a dick, and shut the fuck up.

9. donniegood

donniegood New Member

Care to bet on that one slap ass I have claimed signal insurance before for a lost phone under nextel and found it a week later and sold it on ebay and it still works.... and cingular you are wrong to...they do track the esn's and wont insure it...i have a s710a that i baught knowing someone did insurance fraud on it and i am talking on it right now so fuck off dick

10. donniegood

donniegood New Member

11. Madness

Madness Do not let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is no

actually you're not completely correct there either buddy.. T-Mobile blacklisted the Sidekick 2 that I had found..

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

again, you're a fucking moron. I KNOW they can BL sim card phones. Anything with an ESN can be blacklisted -- CDMA/TDMA/GSM/etc.

Just because they didn't blacklist your stolen crap doesn't mean that they CANT.

13. donniegood

donniegood New Member

Ok then I will speak only for what I know Nextel doesn't and so far since feb cingular hasn't and i am not going to sit here and argue with the dumb fuck ogre over it

by the way how can you know that they can when they don't

14. Impossibles

Impossibles OT loves cats, hates blacks, loves queers

How about people pay for their shit instead of trying to get shit for free?

Fucking cheap cunts.

15. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

:werd:

i have a feeling before long it's going to be another case of a few bad seeds screwing it up for the rest of us that only use warranty on legitimate claims. :mb:

16. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

because I have a fetish for anything with an electric circuit or motor... Thus if you can drive it or plug it into a wall, then I'm all over it, and will try to learn as much as a I can about it.

You, on the other hand, were just in here stating something as FACT, and defending it with your life that it was FACT, when you're fucking 100% off-base and WRONG.

I really do not give a shit if your stolen phone still works. If you want to prove that I am right and you are wrong, call Nextel and tell them that you are using a stolen phone, and tell them your ESN. Then call them bitches and laugh at them saying they can't BL you. Then wait about a day until you can't make any more calls :mamoru:

17. donniegood

donniegood New Member

Look dumb shit i used to be a indirect rep with nextel for about 2 weeks I know that don't blacklist esn's they will blacklist your sim if they want...yes when you make a call your esn is logged and they could blacklist them if they want fact is they don't you wanna bitch some more goto nextel.howardforums.com and ask the experts there about half of them currently work for nextel and will set you straight

18. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

wow, 2 weeks? 2 WHOLE weeks? No masta, no! :mamoru: