next powerbook?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by pcsis300, Aug 7, 2005.

1. pcsis300

pcsis300 New Member

hey whats up

i am going to college at the end of this month and i wanna buy a mac cause windows fucking blows horse cock.

the thing is before i drop 2600 $ into a powerbook i wanna be sure it wont get outdated. the powerbook line hasnt been updated since january, and the new intels are supposed to come out soon.....does anyone know when thats supposed to happen?

i dont feel like buying a computer thats gonna be outdated in 6 months....especially cause i gotta keep this for 4 years.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ says not to buy the powerbook cause its passed the average update time.

i heard theres never gonna be a powerbook g5
    is that true?

so should i just buy a powerbook g4 even tho it hasnt been updated in 8 months

thanks,
    Paul

2. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

it depends on whether you can wait or not. The intel macs aren't going to be coming out for at LEAST a year, so don't wait for those. If you do end up buying a powerbook within two weeks before they are updated, apple will give you money back/ let you trade your old one for a updated one. and this is just my personal advice: if you want one now, just buy it now. you can wait forever for an update, and it might not happen. just buy it now and be happy with your purchase.

3. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Even if Apple came up with a whole new PowerBook, it might be a good idea to wait until they make some revisions and fix some problems.

No matter what, your computer will be outdated. I got my PowerBook in January. Just 16 days after I bought it, they upgraded PowerBook line. At first, I was not happy. But that's the way it is and my PowerBook is still better than most other laptops out there.

Just buy it when you need it.

4. lordcoca

lordcoca Wading in the Velvet Sea

If you're really that concerned, you could just buy a Mac Mini or an ibook then resell them later if/when you want to upgrade to a powerbook :dunno:

Apple's hold their value really well, so it's a pretty viable option :)

5. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

I was stuck with the same decision. I just went with getting a powerbook now and enjoying it.

6. Battousai

Battousai New Member

My ibook only had 128 built-in, and 128 added...and now they are 512 built-in, and you can add alot more...

And now they have added awsome features!

So it comes down to this...how much money do ya want to spend...and also note, "What in the heck ya want to do with it"

If you are going to be doing school work, word, and small apps of that nature...then really dont get an powerbook...the ibook's will do everything you want to do for school...I love the 12'' ibooks...they get everything done for school, and then some..they are fast, and have good ram numbers now...and have everything the powerbooks have -some faster stuff.....

And with the money you save, get something bigger down the road latter..."since anything ya buy now will be out of date"

Later on Intel will run 64-bit Dual cores in the labtops with 3-3.5 -4 GHz in them...so just wait it out IMO....

7. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

your grammar and typing proficiency hurts my brain in new and wonderful ways :hsugh: