Next big Apple Sale?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Labster, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Labster

Labster OT Supporter

Anyone have any idea when the next big sale from Apple will be? I finally have the money to get a new macbook but the free Ipod deal is over which would have cut almost $400 off the price by the time I sold the Ipod and got the mail in rebate on the ipod. I can sell my black macbook for around $600 or so according to Ebay so I figured why not upgrade.

2. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Boxing Day is the only day Apple really seems to have a sale, as far as I remember. :hs:

3. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

day after thanksgiving is basically the only time apple has a sale at all...

4. Ignited

Ignited Active Member

I got 760$ for my black macbook through CL.

5. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I think I'm ready to buy a new MBP 13". I shop on base, so it's like $1100 out the door , no taxes. I'm probably gonna put my white 2.0 Ghz, C2D, 2GB Ram, 250GB HDD MB on Craigslist. It's got a hairline crack on the lid, and the hand rest has the typical cracked edge. Probably will remove the 250GB drive and replace it with the 80GB. My bday is coming up, so I think I'm gonna treat myself to a new MBP.

6. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

$1100 with next business day shipping. I just hate waiting for stuff to come through the mail. I've always preferred being able to purchase something and having it right away.

Now should I get the case on my white MB replaced by apple or just sell it as is? I was thinking about asking ~$500 for it.

7. OakleyTodd

OakleyTodd New Member

Like other have said black Friday is about the only time they ever offer a sale discount. My recommendations would be either the Apple refurb site, or got to a state that has no sales tax and save yourself at least the tax. My friend is thinking about buying a new mac but he lives in California (9.25% tax) so I'm going to go buy it for him in tax free New Hampshire, and he is going to mail me a check and I'll just ship it to him. For what he is looking at, it will end up saving him about $150.

8. Pepe

Pepe New Member

just an FYI, you won't be saving $400 with the ipod touch deal. this is because you have to pay for it up front but get the rebate so that is a wash, then whatever you sell the ipod for is what you will save on the comp. so say you sell it for $200, you will be saving that, not $400.

9. husm

husm OT Supporter

is it worth waiting till black friday to buy a MBP? i already get the student discount

10. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

up to you...
    ipods you'll save a couple bucks, but the real savings are on the high priced items.. up to you, you could probably save $100 depending on what spec you buy

11. OakleyTodd

OakleyTodd New Member

It's always a waiting game with Apple products. If you wait until November and then buy, you'll wish you would have waited until Jan if they release a new one. Then if you wait until Jan, you will wish you would have waited until June when they refresh the line again. Apple loves to keep this sort of supply marketing going as it keep people always wanting the latest and greatest.

I say if you have the cash, find the best deal and go for it.

12. dmora

dmora Guest

They dont really have sales per se.. but they do offer rebates and free accessories in the weeks before a new model gets released.